A leading Brokerage/Trading firm in London is seeking to add a Payroll/Compensation Accountant to their team. The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant with c.3 years+ working in a similar role (ideally in Financial Services)
- Preparation and posting of all global Payroll Journals.
- Prepare month-end cost and variance analysis and provide commentary on major variances against previous month, budget, and year on year
- Preparation and posting of month end accruals.
- Preparation and posting of the monthly headcount Journals.
- Reconciliation and substantiation of balances on all compensation related Balance sheet accounts.
- Preparation of salary cost reports as per regulatory requirements and individual requests by department heads.
- Monthly reconciliation of the payroll bank account.
- Daily clearing down of all outstanding bank entries for the group.
- Monthly FX Journals and Hedging info to Treasury
- Preparation of annual salary and related budgets.
- Liaise with external auditors to provide information on salary and related costs and be the main point of contact for the interim and annual audit.
- Liaise with Peoplesoft team and Finance in creating new cost centres/department descriptions during department structure changes or new acquisitions.
- Sage People – Assist with the payroll accounting requirements and to be the central point for this Information.
- Prepare, review and challenge balance sheet reconciliations.
- Preparation of monthly management reports.
- Involvement in the reallocation of cost and subsequent reporting via the transfer pricing process.
- Potentially provide input or own the preparation of relevant entities.
- Qualified Accountant (ideally with Financial Services experience)
- Experience in preparation and posting of Journals.
- A track record of improving processes and adding value to clients/stakeholders.
- Strong analytical, organisation and documentation skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel.
- Preference for audit training.
- Experience with the preparation of financial statements and managing the audit process from start to finish.
- Track record of improving processes and adding value.