Who we're looking for
We are looking for a qualified accountant who is committed to learn complex compensation accounting and have exposure to global finance operations. No prior compensation accounting experience is required; however, it will be an advantage.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. And we have everything we need to work flexibly.
We, the Group Compensation Accounting team provides accounting services globally for the Group's compensation related costs including the accounting, monitoring and reporting of most staff cost related items. In particular, the team focuses on variable compensation in the form of bonuses, including the complex accounting of deferred awards. The team works closely with most Finance and Human Resources departments globally to ensure compensation costs are properly recorded within both the internal and external accounts.
The role provides broad exposure to a variety of compensation accounting processes and therefore requires a candidate who is able to work flexibly. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing an efficient, well controlled process, which minimises manual intervention for all aspects of Compensation Accounting. The team will comprise five team members after the new role is filled
What you'll do
We would like you to take responsibility in conjunction with the other members of the Group Compensation Accounting Team for:
• Monthly processes undertaken by the team including bonus provisions, redundancy accruals, commitment accruals, review of payroll payments , compensation cost review and total compensation ratio calculation
• Accounting for various share and fund award schemes (ECP, DAP, EIP, LTIP & SIP), monitoring hedging and production of quarterly Equity and Fund Position Report
• Maintaining the integrity of data within the Group general ledger systems via the monthly balance sheet reconciliation process
• Delivering the annual bonus provisioning process and bonus reconciliations for all employing entities
• Calculating various non standard incentive compensation arrangements
• Providing information on deferred awards to the Group Financial Reporting and Tax teams. Own shares reconciliation produced quarterly
• Assisting in the production of the Remuneration Report and relevant notes (Directors Emoluments, Share based payments & Related party transactions) within the Annual Report & Accounts
• Preparing the Director's Emoluments notes for the UK statutory accounts and Directors Representation forms for all UK Company Directors
• Supporting the annual Budget process
• Supporting the Group Reporting and Financial Control & Analysis teams in respect of compensation
• Responding to adhoc queries from Senior Management (primarily the CFO) in a timely manner
• Providing input and advice, from an accounting perspective, on new compensation developments being presented to the Remuneration Committee
• Identifying and implementing ways in which the numerous processes can be streamlined to minimise manual intervention
• Ensuring risk management via maintenance of documented procedures
• Assisting the implementation of consistent global payroll posting processes and maintaining on a monthly basis
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
We would like our candidates to be:
• Systems literate, particularly of Excel, is essential
• Have minimum 2 years in a professional and corporate environment
• Newly qualified accountant (up to one year post qualified) with a strong academic background
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Use of Oracle, HFM, PBCS and Anaplan an advantage
What you'll be like
We're looking for a qualified accountant with a strong background in accounting who will be able to:
• Demonstrate being highly detail orientated and have the ability to work under own initiative
• Handle highly confidential information
• Command respect and influence across the business by developing close and effective working relationships both within finance and across other areas of the business
• Identify controls weaknesses within the risk management framework and implement improvements
• Demonstrate very strong written and verbal communication skills
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your background, race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.