We are working with a dynamic and fast growing, top tier Pension Reinsurance business in the UK market. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious Compliance professional with approximately 3 years experience (ideally within an asset management or life insurance setting) to join a high calibre compliance function.
Reports to: Compliance Manager
This is a diverse role working within a small, but high performing compliance function which is growing in line with the business. The Compliance Analyst will be an integral part of the Compliance team assisting in core compliance work.
This role supports the delivery of operational activities within the Compliance function, as directed by the Compliance Manager. The Compliance function sits within firm’s 3 Lines of Defence model, specifically in the second line and serves to manage regulatory projects, set policy, provide advice and challenge and monitor implementation.
- PRA/FCA relationship management including support in responding to and tracking of information requests and follow up with key stakeholders.
- Support on delivering the compliance plan e.g. monitoring reviews / baseline monitoring projects the delivering and further embedding of current BAU regulatory issues (SM&CR / GDPR).
- Assist in tracking compliance monitoring and internal audit actions.
- Assist with internal and external reporting to regulators.
- Production of regulatory and conduct MI and metrics to key internal governance committees.
- Support in production of compliance committee and board packs.
- Creating and maintaining strong relationships with other control functions and the business.
- Owning compliance advice/breaches/logging/regulatory/monitoring trackers and follow up.
- Rolling out compliance training admin and maintaining records.
- Maintenance of key compliance documents and systems.
- Provide organisational support to the team by assisting with coordination of department meetings, tracking actions, and record keeping in relevant Compliance Team drive.
Skills & Experience:
- Ideally will have approximately 3 years experience working in an insurance buy in/out provider an asset manager (although not essential).
- Enthusiastic, hardworking, and desire to learn.
- Flexibility on working in a dynamic/ fast growing business.
- Able to switch from one task to another at short notice.
- Proactive and ability to hit the ground running.
- A good team player.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Project management experience and attention to detail.
- Regulatory change experience.
- Ability to form strong relationships with the business and senior stakeholders.
- MS word/excel/PowerPoint skills.
- Strong academics from a reputable university (preferred).
£60,000 plus bonuses.
Please note, our client is unable to offer sponsorship for this opportunity. Finally, should you not be contacted within five working days of submitting your application, then unfortunately your application has not been successful and you have not been shortlisted for this opportunity. We will, however, be in touch should there be any other opportunities of interest suiting to your skills.
To discuss this position further with one of our Consultants, visit www.miryco.com.