As a Barclays Business Oversight Compliance Manager, you will be working along with the Financial Crime Business Compliance team, overseeing the firm’s financial crime compliance and risk management approach. This is an exciting opportunity to join a knowledgeable team, where you will be playing a key role being responsible for the financial crime control environment management, ensuring the business effectively mitigates the risks of products and services being abused for the purposes of money laundering, terrorism financing, or other financial crime.
What will you be doing?
- Supporting the Heads of Financial Crime in the management of control issues, providing adequate check and challenge and associated mitigating actions
- Driving consistent approach and quality of check and challenge across Business Oversight Compliance (BOC)
- Delivering control environment insights into Key Risk Indicators and ORACs
- Supporting the implementation of updates to Group Policy and Standards, including the identification of policy snags
- Understanding the varying inherent risk profiles for each business line and providing guidance on control implementation proportionate to the business risk
- Enhancing the articulation quality of financial crime related issues
- Identifying thematic trends with respect to control environment through data analysis of issues, key risk indicators and other management information
- Producing financial crime related management information
What we’re looking for:
- Excellent understanding of Financial Crime regulations and different business segments along with the associated financial crime risks
- A creative and forward thinker, striving to improve and find solutions through effective innovation
- A highly organised and structured expert, with excellent verbal and written communications skills, in order to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders
- Exceptional analytical skills, with the ability to identify themes and trends from large volumes of data and to manage entire projects of work end to end
Skills that will help you in the role
- Experience with the early engagement of key stakeholders to ensure effective partnerships with the business, giving and receiving challenges at all levels
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and Policy Standards
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
Where will you be working?
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as: a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and it is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.