Compliance Monitoring Officer
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Funding Circle
- 07 déc. 17 2017-12-07
At Funding Circle there’s a mission that drives everything we do. Around the world, we want to help small businesses get the finance they need to thrive, creating thousands of jobs as they drive the economy forward. With teams in London, San Francisco, Amsterdam and Berlin, we’re fusing finance and tech to create new opportunities for those who want to achieve more.
As a Compliance Financial Crime Monitoring Associate, you will…
- Support design and execution of Funding Circle’s risk-based compliance monitoring plan, including control design assessment and effectiveness testing,
- Identify risks and support remediation of control gaps identified,
- Design and generate reports on findings,
- Build relationships with teams across the business and understand their challenges and ambitions,
- Develop an in-depth understanding of relevant operational processes,
- Be commercially minded, always looking for solutions that satisfy Compliance requirements but minimise adverse business impact,
- Be pro-active in following emerging regulatory trends and best practices across the industry,
- Be willing to challenge management and existing processes, and
- Take responsibility to protect the integrity and reputation of the business and promote a culture of compliance and good conduct.
You’ve been there and done this…
- Significant, relevant experience conducting Compliance monitoring for a financial services firm in the UK covering retail and institutional business,
- Ability to acquire and maintain detailed understanding of internal policies, processes, control environment and inter-departmental dependencies,
- Ability to develop practical and effective solutions to identified risks and control weaknesses,
- Ability to build good rapport with stakeholders across the business,
- Ability to analyse complex sets of data,
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (especially Excel),
- Dedicated team player with an analytical and practical mind-set,
- Track record of being pro-active in acquiring new skills and expertise quickly and independently, and
- Inquisitive and curious by nature.
It would be great if you’ve also…
- Dutch and/or German language skills desirable but not required,
- Prior experience with small business lending and/or platform-based lending,
- Excel macros, SQL, Python or R (any skill level) would be a bonus.