Consultant/Senior Consultant/Manager, Testing - Software Testing, London
In a rapidly changing world where information has a significant value, supply chains are interconnected and there is uncertainty when doing business on a global basis, the security and resilience of operations has become a board level issue.
Our team has grown very rapidly over the past few years, and continues to do so. The team combines a wealth of deep industry knowledge with both business advisory experience and technical expertise. We provide our clients a full spectrum of services encompassing information security, corporate and physical security and business and technology resilience to help our clients fix their issues and bring them real, long-lasting benefits.
Our Test consultancy team provides strategic advice to our clients where their new and existing technology implementations are at risk. We help to provide assurance that their applications and system architecture meet the set requirements, including in many cases developing and running the testing strategy, testing projects and individual components (e.g. functional testing, integration testing, load & stress testing, security testing and UAT). Our proposition differs from our competitors as we are not purely delivery focussed, we pride ourselves on providing a more consultative and strategic approach to testing which results in our clients experiencing a higher touch service.
As part of this role you will be responsible for devising test strategies, advising and managing test automation, reviewing test practices and advising on improvements to the test process. You will get the chance to work with top tier clients across a range of sectors, providing high quality test advisory services. This an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing team that has a unique position in the test consulting market. Responsibilities
Consultants/Managers will have responsibility for:
- Defining test strategies for large and complex test delivery
- Providing advice on testing tools and leveraging them effectively within a testing activity
- Reviewing test practices and coaching the team on improvement opportunities
- Managing test delivery, ensuring the testing meets quality, time and cost objectives
- Working with key stakeholders at the client, building strong trusted relationships
- A manager will have a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm's commitment to creating a more inclusive culture.
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Experience of functional system testing, inter system / application integration testing, user acceptance testing, performance and Resilience
- A proven track record in a top tier consultancy
- Client facing experience
- ISEB foundation (or equivalent experience)
- Test Management Tool Expertise (such as HP Quality Center)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven technical ability - combined with strong business acumen
- Strong academic record - including a minimum of 2.1 degree (or equivalent)
- Demonstrable rapid career progression to-date
Additional desirable experience includes:
We are Consulting
- Highly desirable for individuals to possess Financial Services consulting experience or have worked within a Financial Services organisation in an advisory capacity
- Knowledge of Solvency 2
Three core competency areas make up our Consulting service line:
We exist to solve complex problems
- Strategy & Operations
- Human Capital
Our consultants are renowned for their straightforward approach to solving some of the world's largest and most complex business challenges. With a team of over 3,000, each of us is energised by the challenge a seemingly inscrutable problem presents. Our distinctiveness lies in our refusal to accept a problem at face value - we draw on the depth of our shared insight to ask the right questions, and it's these questions that uncover answers - answers with impact. We are committed to collaboration
Our role is to unlock potential for growth and innovation. We believe this requires real collaboration - with our own networks and with our clients. It's why we commit to truly getting under the skin of our client's needs, developing a full appreciation for their environment, goals and ambitions. We're also unafraid to challenge. In so doing, we build long-term and trusted affinities. We create long-term, sustainable impact
We often work hand-in-hand with our clients to help find the right solution and to help apply that solution. Our aim is to leave behind ambassadors who are equipped to continue the transformation we began. For us, it's about embedding sustainable change, allowing the impact of our insight to be felt for a long time to come. We offer a number of different career pathways
We offer three different career pathways at Deloitte, meaning that there are three different routes by which people can progress in Consulting. We provide variety regarding the career options available to you, assisting you to take career steps that fit your skills, talents and aspirations, and providing an environment where those choices can be discussed in meaningful and constructive career conversations. The Consulting Career Paths are
: Consulting pathway
- pathway based around developing a broad consulting skillset alongside building expertise in a specific domain Consulting Solutions pathway
- pathway where there is greater focus on building skills and deep expertise in a specific domain. Practitioners have a narrow focus, determined by their SME and type of contribution made Consulting Services pathway
- pathway for people whose career is built around the delivery of managed services to clients (either internal or external) About Deloitte
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect
at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 166513