Consultant - Implementation Services (Charles River)
Charles River provides an end-to-end solution to automate front and middle office investment management functions across asset classes on a single platform. Delivered as a hosted service, the solution improves data quality and investment professional productivity, controls risk and lowers technology costs. Charles River serves more than 350 investment firms in over 40 countries in the institutional asset and fund management, private wealth, alternative investments, insurance, banking, and pension markets. Charles River were acquired by State Street in October 2018.
Charles River are looking to expand their established Implementation Services Team. The Consultant is responsible for all aspects of implementation for the Charles River IMS. They will need to become a product expert in a short amount of time and remain up-to-date as product and industry changes require. A Consultant needs to manage the competing demands of the clients to whom the he or she is assigned, operating administratively as well as hands-on. In depth training will be provided at our Burlington offices (5 weeks).
The ideal candidate will have a mixture of asset management/business knowledge, business analysis, project experience, relationship management and implementation experience. They will be comfortable running a large and complex implementation project, dealing with all the associated issues, either individually or as part of a larger team.
Responsibilities of the Consultant include:
- Day to day management of an implementation project from a CRD perspective
- Interpreting workflow analysis documents and the conversion of these documents into specifications for CR IMS configuration to ensure Best Practice delivery
- Providing on-going communication and evaluation of project status to the client and Charles River Project Manager
- Providing a single point of contact for a Client during the Implementation project.
- Undertaking the daily execution of the project plan steps
- Ensuring that the Client's needs are understood and documented
- Providing proactive leadership in a Client's utilization of CRD products and services
- Facilitating conference calls & meetings with other consultants and product experts
- Communicating pertinent information on upgrades and major releases
- Managing training and consulting resource requests
- Monitoring and assisting with the issue escalation process
- Responding to additional product requests
- Managing the co-ordination of work undertaken by CRD's representatives in other locations for the implementation
- Maintain a general awareness of industry changes/trends
- The role involves extensive travel and can involve spending up to 5 days per week on a client site within the EMEA region.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications Required:
- Extensive experience in a similar role implementing financial systems.
- Strong Front Office experience (order management, dealing with Fund Managers/Traders)
- Applications experience with Charles River Investment Management System or Equivalent (competitor)
- Good Investment Management and market instrument knowledge - Front Office workflows; Fixed Income/derivatives, Equity, Compliance, IBOR, PMA, Ex-Ante and Ex-Post Risk and Scenario Analysis
- A specific previous area of focus e.g. Risk systems, IBOR, Scenario Analysis is desirable
- Have superior client facing skills
- Some technical knowledge, ideally SQL
- Experience dealing with users or clients from either a technical or business area
- Comfortable making presentations covering business, technical or sales
- Experience managing/coordinating projects and a demonstrable understanding of the project life-cycle.
- Fluency in a second European Language is highly desirable
- University degree - ideally in a Finance or Technology discipline.