Consultant, Java Developer, Deloitte Digital, Consulting, London
This role at Deloitte within the Deloitte Digital London Studio is to enable us to build greater digital solutions for our clients. We've been doing this for a while now and we've got pretty good at it. However, we're always looking for better and more fun ways to do things. Here are just some of the tools and techniques we're using at the moment:
- Kanban and no-estimates
- Behavior Driven Development
- A DevOps approach to build and continuous deployment
- Elastic Cloud Based Environments and Architectures
- Rapid Prototyping Tools
We also continually look to explore new frameworks and design patterns that help us deliver solutions that excite our client's customers and allow us to deliver at incredible speeds. There are far too many to mention and we aspire to use the latest technologies and methodologies to deliver a broad range of high quality reactive software for this decade and the next. Some of the areas we are looking at currently are:
- Reactive Design
- Native and Hybrid Mobile App Development
- Alternative JVM Languages and frameworks
- Web Components
- Micro-services and cloud native design
- Container based architecture
- Blockchain platforms
You'll be responsible for developing cutting-edge digital solutions. You'll have the chance to work with some of the best Developers, UX Designers and Strategy thinkers in the business, delivering world class digital solutions for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. For us, developers are not people who are locked in a room to churn out code to match a large paper based specification. They need to work alongside our clients and their customers and combine deep technical expertise with innovative thinking and a strong understanding of what makes businesses and their customers tick. It's the combination of these skills and ways of working that helps us deliver the best digital experiences.
We pride ourselves on our quality and speed of delivery and you'll get to work with and learn some of latest technologies, tools and techniques that allow us to continually deliver benefits to our clients.
Your work, your choice
- Collaboratively working as part of a multi-disciplined feature team;
- Design and implement software solutions to client challenges;
- Developing clean, well-tested code through to production;
- Work with Business analysts to translate client requirements into working software
- Help the client and end users to understand trade-offs when making product decisions, and explain why you would do things a certain way.
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Based in our airy and bustling London office, with its legendary coffee machine and model train track, you'll also have a chance to work with clients throughout Europe and beyond.
This is a permanent full time role. We encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is interesting as a permanent role with a degree of flexibility please do discuss with us.
Salary: Market Rate. Opening date: 01.11.19; Closing date: 29.11.19. Full Time Your service line: Consulting
- Knowledge of Java/JVM based development practices;
- Experience of build and test automation preferably including continuous delivery;
- Understanding of Test driven development and JVM based test tooling;
- Understanding of modern Java build tools such as Maven or Gradle;
- Experience of modern Agile software development methodologies;
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients' trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business. About Deloitte Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways . We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women for each of the last four years. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
SLCONS BACTEC BADIGI BADIGIBUILD CFTECH WPFU LL
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 164424