Our Client, an International Commodity Trading House is looking for an degree educated Contracts Administrator with 2 -3 years experience to join their Central London office.
- Facilitate logistical aspects of commodity contract administration and execution by coordination with respective trading desks, and producers/manufacturers.
- Arrange and track daily truck, rail, and ocean shipments between producers, storage facilities including LME/Comex warehouses, ports, and consumers.
- Plan and execute logistics solutions which meet the highest level of efficiency, cost effectiveness and optimal customer service including storage and freight rate negotiations.
- Approve costs and invoices associated with the execution of contracts; calculate expense accruals and physical execution of metal movements as they relate to Company's businesses and update these in the system.
- Develop and maintain relationships with service suppliers, producers and customers in a manner which creates operational synergies across the supply chain.
- Maintain internal records including inventory and in transit reporting along with title transfer documents. Reconciliation of inventory records for reporting to traders, credit, and treasury as well as external parties.
- Manage accounts receivable and accounts payable in a timely manner.
- Maintain and distribute storage and freight cost database in order to facilitate timely and accurate trading decisions.
- Record VAT reporting in conjunction with Accounting.
- Preparation and execution of Letter of Credit documentation.
- Responsible for timely releases, invoicing, and other document execution to counterparties as well as subsequent coordination of payments with the treasury department.
- Liaise with other departments including trading, treasury, risk, credit, accounting, and IT.
- Special projects and additional responsibilities/administrative functions as assigned.
- 2-3 years traffic/logistics experience, ideally within the Metals Trading sector.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration or related discipline.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft suite of packages - Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Excellent organization and effective communication skills required.
- Knowledge of letters of credit and proficiency with documentation related to contract execution such as shipping and banking documents.
- Experience with contract management software an advantage.
- Ability to work in a team, sharing work duties, files, and working cooperatively with others.
- Solid numerical, analytical & problem- solving skills, together with attention to detail.