Local Knowledge Global Resources Specialist Consultants
- New York
- Hong Kong
Controls Testing Manager
Location: Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
Salary: Up to £50,000
A Tier 1 Bank is looking to recruit an AVP level Conformance Manager to join their Risk Chief Controls Office based in Canary Wharf.
The purpose of this role is to provide assurance that Risk is in compliance with the requirements of the Enterprise Risk Management Framework (ERMF), Group Guide and all other relevant frameworks, policies and standards.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Undertake Controls Testing of the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls operated by the Risk function.
- Assist in the documentation of key processes and design of Risk RCSAs including undertaking controls testing and quality assurance reviews of Risk RCSAs as required.
- Review of key ERMF requirements including executing quality assurance procedures to verify effectiveness across the Risk Function.
- Undertake Controls Testing of key Group Guide components across the Risk Function e.g. Committees, Lessons Learnt, ‘Policy of Policy’.
- Controls Testing of all Risk owned committees.
- Ensuring Lessons Learnt Policy implemented across the Risk function.
- Undertake quality assurance for control issues closed by Risk, with the focus on those issues which will not be subject to contemporaneous ‘issues assurance’ by Audit.
- Undertaken central oversight, monitoring and collation of BCBS239 Self-Assessment activity across the Risk Function.
- Undertake work to ensure conformance with the “Issues Management” Standard across Risk and through observation and enquiry that similar processes are in place in other Business Units and Functions.
- Perform quarterly review of Issues Management data, raise issues with stakeholders and agree remedial actions where appropriate.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Good understanding of modern governance and control risk assessment techniques.
- Networking & Senior Stakeholder Management
- Good communication and presentational skills
- Organisation & Planning
- Negotiation and Influencing ability
- The highest level of integrity, trust & confidentiality
- Commercial awareness and product knowledge
- Well developed critical/analytical faculties
- Thorough knowledge of relevant PC packages, e.g. Word, Power Point & Excel.
- Strong data synthesizer
- Highly motivated/self starter
- Superior work ethic
- Drives their own performance
- Relevant experience in internal audit, operational risk management or related disciplines, preferably in the financial services industry
Decision-making and Problem Solving:
The role holder will be expected to exercise significant judgement of testing outcomes. These are often not binary in nature and require subjective judgement which will need to be articulated verbally and in concise supporting papers. Testing outcomes may reveal ineffective controls and processes which require creative and value adding solutions to be devised by the role holder.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership:
Primary stakeholders will be the Risk and Control teams that support the various CRO teams across the Risk function. This will include senior management in these areas, including agreeing any remedial work required to fix identified issues. The role holder will need to articulate their concerns and agree with stakeholders sensible and value adding solutions to any concerns identified.
In return, you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.