Looking for multiple Corporate Actions Administrators to ensure work processed within the section has been completed correctly in accordance with HSS procedures and / or client instructions. To provide technical support, direction and coaching to Corporate Action Administrators and colleagues. To escalate to line management any matters of risk, compliance breaches and other matters of concern identified during the course of their daily work.
The purpose of the Senior Corporate Actions Specialist is to ensure work processed within the section has been completed correctly in accordance with HSS procedures and / or client instructions. To provide technical support, direction and coaching to colleagues. To escalate to line management any matters of risk, compliance breaches and other matters of concern identified during the course of their daily work.
Team targets of timeliness, accuracy and quality are to be observed and achieved through the monitoring of workloads and the completion of appropriate checks and controls
The jobholder must ensure adherence and adoption of standards and best practice in order to minimise operational and / or financial risk and provide excellent client service.
- Timely distribution of daily work including exceptions and queries.
- Accurate processing of daily work in accordance with intra-day controls as stipulated in procedures and guidelines.
- Timely and accurate checking of daily work in accordance with intra-day controls as stipulated in procedures and guidelines.
- Monitoring, reviewing and prioritisation of daily workload / work queues to ensure internal intra day and external deadlines are met.
- Adherence to established procedures and controls.
- Escalation of issues / concerns, including staff issues to line management, compliance breaches, errors and losses on a timely basis and in accordance with defined escalation procedures.
- Ensure queries, exceptions and event reconciliation discrepancies are investigated, updated and resolved in accordance with HSS internal policies and regulatory guidelines.
- Adherence to internal deadlines / SLD's and external market deadlines.
- Escalate checking and control weaknesses to line management and contribute to solutions to minimise operational, reputational and financial risk.
- Provide technical support to administrators, peer group and other colleagues.
- To work effectively within the team / department to achieve business goals and objectives.
- Train / mentor colleagues and act as a focal point of reference in relation to queries received from other teams.
- Provide feedback to line management on team performance based on error levels detected during checking process and maintain relevant records to support feedback.
- Contribute to the writing of procedures and controls as directed by line management.
- Provide support to Business and IT developments / department initiatives as directed by line management.
- To impart market and product knowledge to the benefit of the Corporate Actions department.
- Represent HSBC with authority and professionalism in respect of HSS's CA product and processes when dealing with internal / external clients and 3rd parties.
- To promote and deliver an efficient high quality CA service to HSS clients.
Develop internal and external relationships to support Corporate Action efficiencies, improve client service and/or reduce operation/client risk.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Global Corporate Action events and markets.
- Strong knowledge of the securities industry and global market infrastructure.
- Demonstrates strong awareness / ability to recognise and effectively contain financial and operational risk.
- Strong communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Able to work in pressurised environment and manage priorities effectively.
- Dedicated approach to teamwork and ability to contribute to team effort.
- Customer focused & committed to providing a high quality service.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good planning, organisation & time management skills.Knowledge of and or previous experience of the following applications / Systems:
- Microsoft Excel - essential
- Microsoft Word - essential
- SWIFT - essential
- Crest - essential
- TLM - desirable
- TCS BaNCS - desirable