Corporate Services Finance Administrator
Who we're looking for
An administrator with excellent excel skills, demonstrates numeracy and who possesses a basic understanding of accounting and commercial principles, as well as experience of P2P systems, preferably Oracle.
Primary responsibility will be to support Workplace Services and manage related expenditure to ensure no risk to service provision or penalties incurred. As well as ensuring expenditure is recorded accurately and timely to enable financial reporting. About Schroders
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper. The base
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. And we have everything we need to work flexibly. The team
The role sits within Schroders Workplace Services, who are responsible for providing building lease management and operational services to include; building maintenance, cleaning, document management, catering, security, reception, across the Schroder UK estate.
As well as lease acquisition and fit out projects. Globally Workplace Services manage; Business Travel, Sustainability and Environmental, Health and Safety, Building Security, office premises leases and fit out projects across.
In the UK, many of the services are outsourced to site-based specialist contractors working alongside Schroder Service Managers.
Working with the wider Work place Services team, the role will manage and assist in the day-to day monitoring, administration and reporting of UK costs, to include financial and contractual aspects associated with Workplace Services business as usual and project activity. What you'll do
• On a daily basis be the UK Workplace point of contact for invoice and purchase order queries from internal and external parties, ensuring timely and accurate payment and financial reporting.
• Manage service contractual and building lease annual purchase order requests, from liaising with service managers to submission of requests, to include new supplier set up.
• Raise project related and ad hoc purchase order requests on behalf of UK Workplace.
• Proactively manage UK Workplace purchase orders, prompting necessary action, supporting end users.
• Train and provide continuous communication relating to OracleFusion P2P, providing additional support as users require.
• Liaise and escalate with Schroder internal parties maintenance, issues and changes relating to OracleFusion.
• Compile and submit accurate month end accruals to meet deadlines.
• Resolve queries arising from month end process and reporting.
• Compile and submit accurate, timely, adjustment and recharge cost journals.
• Manage shared mailbox.
• Manage invoices to 3rd party process.
• Devise, compile and maintain accurate records, to include contractual commercial information.
• Assist adherence to processes and procedures.
• Assist annual budget compilation.
• Assist PSA/P11D and director disclosure compilation.
• Other duties as may arise to support Workplace Services initiatives and objectives.
• Continually challenge and implement process improvements.
• Maintain UK Workplace Finance procedure manual.
• Provide cover for UK Workplace Finance Manager. The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Demonstrable MS Office Excel skills at intermediate level as a minimum.
• Demonstrate areas of high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
• Previous experience of ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines.
• Basic financial understanding to include accruals, prepayments. The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Experience within Workplace or Facilities Management area or discipline.
• Ability to work across multiple teams and disciplines with varying demands and deadlines.
• Ability to decipher and extract relevant information from legal documentation such as building leases and service contracts.
• Experience of a P2P (purchase to pay) system, preferably OracleFusion.
• Ability to interpret, analyse and translate financial reporting to operations and vice versa.
• Presentation skills. What you'll be like
• Inquisitive, analytical, organised, resilient, disciplined and reliable.
• Excellent team worker and team player, able to be proactive, self starting and work under own initiative - a can do attitude.
• Innovative - problem solver.
• Confident, good communicator and interpersonal skills with the ability to challenge as well as support and inform. We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.