Corporate Tax Assistant Manager (Insurance)
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 25 sept. 17
KPMG's Tax practice is a dynamic and successful area of our business. A constantly changing and increasingly high-profile field, Tax can offer a surprisingly broad range of quality career paths to ambitious people.
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people - their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets - we're making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
Insurance Corporate Tax Advisory Team
This dynamic and market leading team provides corporate tax services to Insurance clients ranging from UK branches of overseas financial institutions, smaller owner managed businesses through to major listed international groups. We advise companies across the whole of the insurance market including general and life insurers, Lloyd's market insurers and insurance brokers.
The department focuses on the provision of high quality commercial advice to our clients. Our approach has as its foundation a thorough understanding of our client's business strategy as well as the industry in which they operate. This enables us to work in partnership with them and to provide tailored and robust tax solutions to support their corporate goals. The work focuses on corporate tax advisory and M&A services, and includes building long-lasting client relationships and coordination of all tax services to clients.
- Carrying out a variety of corporate tax advisory work, including international and M&A work, and supporting compliance and audit teams where tax issues are more complex
- Efficient, effective and timely delivery of client work, usually in small teams
- Maintaining up to date UK tax knowledge and awareness to changes in applicable tax law.
- Development and maintenance of good client relationships, including ongoing identification of leads for new work, and liaison with other members of the client service team outside tax
- Identification of work opportunities through an internal network of contacts
- Development of more junior staff in the team, through on-the job coaching
- Liaising with other colleagues in tax and elsewhere to provide a complete tax service to clients
- Working with senior team members on identifying and following through future work opportunities and cross-selling to other disciplines.
Qualifications and Skills
- CTA and/or ACA/CA or equivalent qualified
- A commercial approach to resolving issues and providing advice
- High level analytical skills
- History of developing strong external and internal client relationships
- Project coordination/management skills
- The flexibility to adapt to the ever changing demands brought about by tax, regulatory and business changes.
Experience and Background
- Tax knowledge and awareness of other tax and accounting areas and ideally industry expertise in insurance.
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn't fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That's why we're proud to offer our colleagues agile working options. We believe in putting you at the centre of your career - KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are. That's why we introduced 'Our Deal' - it's our way of saying 'thank you' for bringing your best to work. As part of 'Our Deal', you'll benefit from a range of rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday and have open, honest conversations about your career development.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity please follow this link: