Corporate Treasury Execution Strats - Quantitative Analyst/Developer
FINANCE | Corporate Treasury
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's funding, liquidity, capital and relationships with creditors and regulators. Corporate Treasury manages the firm's financial resources and minimizes interest expense through liability planning, asset liability management, and liquidity portfolio yield enhancement. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong quantitative analysis skills and risk management capabilities since Treasury actively manages the firm's financial resources which are constantly changing due to business activity, markets, risk appetite, regulations and other factors. Finance Engineering- Corporate Treasury Tech Associate- Developer
In Finance Engineering, you'll find an exciting confluence of computer science, finance and mathematics being used to solve for what our shareholders would like from us - a high return for the right risk taken. The Corporate Treasury Engineering team is looking for world class software engineers to work closely with Corporate Treasury business partners and help improve liquidity projections/optimizations, financial resource allocation and management, cash and collateral management and funds transfer pricing and execution strategy.
This is a one of a kind front to back integrated group that explores new ideas of optimizing firm liquidity position and also execute on the strategy, all in one team. The team is divided into five pillars each with its specific mandate. Whether you like to spend your energies into thinking about the scalable big data architecture, understanding the inventory and liquidity usage optimization algorithms or working with Traders directly on execution of trades and risk management, we have it all for you.
Corporate Treasury lies at the heart of Goldman Sachs, ensuring all the businesses have the appropriate level of funding to conduct their activities, while also optimizing the firm's liquidity and managing its risk and being part of the engineering team will expose you to everything that's important and happening the firm. The scale of the liquidity optimization and execution problem keeps us interested every day and we hope to share our enthusiasm and challenge with you. Your Impact: Our Corporate Treasury Engineering team is a world leader in developing quantitative techniques and technological solutions that solve complex and commercial business problems. We partner with our firm's treasurer and other members of Corporate Treasury senior leadership to manage the firm's liquidity risk, secured and unsecured funding programs, and the level and composition of consolidated and subsidiary equity capital and to invest any excess liquidity. In this role, you will be provided unique insight into the firm's business activities and asset strategy. You will be responsible for defining, developing software's to analyze data, built metric calculators, automated tools to help business get insights into data, predict scenarios and perform better decision making to reduce interest expenses for the firm. This front to back model gives software developer's window into all aspects of CT planning and execution while working on cutting edge industrial technologies. How you will fulfill your potential:
• Use engineering to identify and measure risk and to implement quantitative and technical risk management solutions in software • Forge strong relationships with our key business partners, understand financial markets, liquidity management strategies to develop and enhance our treasury systems and processes • Apply analytics to drive commercial outcomes and communicate with precision and clarity • Understand business needs, facilitate and develop process workflow, data requirements, and specifications required to support implementation • Develop scalable architecture and implement software's following full SDLC cycle
• Explore latest technology offering and platforms to strategize and build optimum technology solutions
• Work very closely with business to create real time impact and deliver product with most commercial value
Skills and experience we are looking for: Basic Qualifications:
• Bachelors' or Master's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline • Experience in software development, including a clear understanding of data structures, algorithms, software design and core programming concepts
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills - demonstrated ability to learn technologies and apply • Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a team • Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business audiences and working globally • Can apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem solving and product development
• 3-5 years of relevant, continuous experience Preferred Qualifications:
• Strong programming experience in at least one compiled language (e.g. C, C++, Java) • Experience in designing highly scalable, efficient systems
• Web technology design experience is plus • Familiarity with financial markets, financial assets, and liquidity management is plus
About Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity