Country Risk Analyst - MENA
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, an industry-leading provider of credit risk products and services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws.
This is an opportunity to join the MENA Country Risk team at the top-ranked independent research provider, Fitch Solutions. You will be contributing to our market intelligence service, providing analytical research for senior decision makers in banks, consultancies, multinational corporations, investment funds and government agencies. Qualifications
- BA/MA/MSc/PhD in economics or a closely related field. CFA level I, II or III not necessary, but beneficial.
- Relevant background working as a macroeconomic/sovereign risk analyst required, with experience in analysis, data management and forecasting.
- The role will be based in either our London or Manchester office.
- Work as part of the MENA Country Risk team, providing regular economic, political risk and financial market analysis and forecasting, with a focus on major developed and developing European economies.
- Act as analytical lead for a portfolio of major economies, taking full ownership of all forecasts and historical data .
- Write research notes on a daily basis, as well as contributing to monthly and quarterly analysis, producing both country-specific and thematic regional research including: economic growth, fiscal & monetary policy, trade, debt dynamics, political risk, financial markets and demographics.
- Work on maintaining and further developing proprietary data sets that add analytical value.
- Work with sales and clients to represent the team and deliver key views and forecasts in a concise and articulate manner during client engagements as well as at industry events.
- Help mentor and guide more junior analysts on the team through training, editing and discussion of forecasts and views
- Responsible for the running of the team and deliverables when the head of the team is on leave
- Strong analytical ability and entrepreneurial mindset
- Ability to manage own time and adhere to publication deadlines
- Strong public speaker
- Ability to work with and analyze large data sets and forecast across key macroeconomic indicators
- Familiarity analysing connections between political and macroeconomic risk
- Experience analysing political and economic risk highly desirable.
- Fluent spoken and written English, other languages beneficial
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the Code of Ethics and Conduct page .