Country Risk Analyst - Sub-Saharan Africa
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, an industry-leading provider of credit risk products and services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws.
Fitch Solutions, a leading emerging markets analysis firm, is recruiting for an experienced Country Risk Analyst
, who will focus on Sub-Saharan Africa.
You will be contributing to our market intelligence service, providing analytical research for senior decision makers in banks, consultancies, multinational corporations, investment funds and government agencies.
Responsibilities include : Analysis
- Being analytical lead for a portfolio of countries, taking full ownership of all forecasts and historical data
- Writing research notes on a daily basis, as well as contributing to monthly and quarterly analysis produced by the team
- Collaborating with relevant industry analysts across global offices to ensure sophisticated, ahead-of-the-curve analysis
- Thinking creatively, with an ability to formulate forward looking, high conviction views
- Being client-facing, with the ability to represent the team and deliver views and forecasts in a concise and articulate manner during client engagements as well as at industry events.
- Being commercially minded and understanding how research and data is used by our clients
Qualifications and experience:
- Helping mentor younger analysts on the team through editing and discussion of forecasts and views
- Modelling excellence in analytical work and client engagements
Key skills and experience requirements include:
- Relevant experience working as a macroeconomic/sovereign risk analyst, including experience writing on GDP, fiscal and monetary policy, foreign exchange etc.
- Ability to work with and analyse large data sets
- Familiarity analysing connections between political and macroeconomic risk
- Experience analysing Sub-Saharan African political and economic risk highly desirable.
- Ability to cope with time pressure and deadlines
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Strong public speaker
- Excellent and proactive communicator
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the Code of Ethics and Conduct page .