- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Société Générale - UK
- 13 juil. 18 2018-07-13
Societe Generale is one of the largest financial services groups in Europe and has been serving the needs of its clients in the UK for more than 100 years through a range of businesses: corporate and investment banking to private banking, asset management, and securities services, as well as specialised financial services including vehicle and equipment finance.
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
Description of the Business Line or Department
The Corporate Client Credit team (“CORI/CCG/CRE/CORP”) is the team responsible for all aspects of Corporate Credit analysis within Client Credit Group (“CCG”). It prepares credit applications on behalf of the primary client relationship unit (“PCRU”) seeking internal approval for the Bank's exposure to individual UK, Irish and Nordic corporate borrowers in a wide range of industry sectors. The team is also responsible for reviewing overseas applications seeking credit approval on overseas subsidiaries of UK, Irish and Nordic names.
The team also generally assists business lines on all UK, Irish and Nordic corporate credit issues, and, in the case of the UK and Nordic Corporate Coverage teams, work-outs.
The main objectives of the team are to provide consistent, unbiased and independent analysis of the UK and Nordic Corporate portfolio with the aim of:
(i) Freeing up the PCRUs in order to increase the marketing effort;
(ii) Achieving a consistently high standard of credit files;
(iii) Advising on acceptable structures for new facilities; and
(iv) Ensuring all reviews and renewals are undertaken by their due dates.
In addition, the team also provides a service to certain business lines that require credit approvals/opinions on specific UK, Irish and Nordic corporate risk.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
• Writing the credit application and monitoring total group exposures
• Prepare and submit internal rating proposals
• Structuring vanilla transaction(s) in a way in order to adhere to the interest of the bank and client
• On-going monitoring of a portfolio consisting of UK, Irish and Nordic corporates
• Managing the credit process on behalf of the Banker including obtaining credit approval within deadlines
• Reporting into Head of Corporate Client Credit Team, London
• Provision of support to Head of Corporate Client Credit Team, London in respect to ad hoc projects and wider team support covering holiday absence and peaks in workflow.
Summary of responsibilities
• Annual Reviews / flow business
o Credit management and monitoring of a portfolio of UK, Nordic and Irish and international corporates to be in a position to advise on credit quality and overall exposure;
o Preparation of corporate counterparty credit analysis to include (but not limited to) industry dynamics, business profile, management strategy financial position and projections, including non-standard situations e.g. weak borrower or security structure, new client, highly structured facility;
o Responsibility for ensuring that all annual reviews within assigned portfolio are completed on time (exceptions to be agreed with Head of Team and subject to good justification);
o Responsibility for flow business in respect to assigned portfolio, proactively managing workload to ensure all reasonable deadlines are met;
o Preparation of credit memoranda in connection with breaches/amendment of covenants, general facility amendments and excess requests; and
o Review of credit applications received from overseas branches and subsidiaries seeking approval for exposure to local subsidiaries of clients of the UK and Nordic Corporate Coverage teams.
• Internal Credit Ratings
o Proposal of Corporate Counterparty Credit Ratings in respect to assigned portfolio ensure the integrity and accuracy of ratings and that all ratings within assigned portfolio remain valid within permitted tolerances (currently 98% based on exposures); and
o Ratings proactively managed to reflect changes to the credit standing of the client group / counterparty and to ensure consistency of ratings across subsidiaries of each group.
• Facility structuring and documentation
o Liaising with the UK Corporate Coverage teams to assist with the structuring of corporate borrowing facilities credit terms including financial covenants); and
o Liaising with the relevant business line (or UK/Nordic Corporate Coverage team) & Group Legal in connection with the preparation of ISDA and other documentation.
• Watch List
o Providing assisting to the quarterly watch list and provision processes including the review of portfolios and completion of internal forms where required.
• Credit Administration
o Obtaining all necessary approvals in accordance with SGCIB credit policies and delegations;
o Administration of the credit process and follow up of conditions (if any) of sanction;
o Updating of various credit and internal rating systems; and
o Updating details of group exposures and monitoring exposure concentration.
• Reporting and Management Information
o Monthly one to one meetings with Head of Corporate Client Credit Team to provide two way feedback, discuss workloads, objectives and address any issues;
o Attend monthly team meetings;
o Meetings with Head of CCG London as may be required;
o Immediately notify and keep management updated on any large, contentious, difficult or high profile requests;
o Immediately notifying Head of Team and Head of CCG London of any operational incidents; and
o Completing quarterly Management Information and may be required from time to time.
• Operational and Conduct Risk & Regulatory Responsibilities
o Be prepared to speak up where there are weaknesses in processes or procedures;
o Ensure compliance with policies, procedures within the business line (including clear desk policy); and
o Completion of all regulatory training within deadlines.
Level of Autonomy and Authority
• A Credit Analyst has a degree of autonomy in relation to the collation of data, the presentation of an application and recommendations as to credit exposure and proposed rating
• A Credit Analyst's contact with clients is typically in conjunction with the UK Corporate Coverage teams
• Candidates must have a minimum of 12-18 months work experience
• Strong written and oral skills
• Basic analytical (numerate) and preferably credit skills
• Ability to quickly grasp and work with and the Bank's systems and IT tools
• Basic understanding of banking products and terminology
• Team player
• Interpersonal skills possessing the ability to present files in a coherent and rational manner with Managers and RISQ
• Autonomous and self starter
• Self motivated and able to work under pressure
• Flexible and adaptable in the approach to work
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.