Our Client, a well-respected City of London based Bank is seeking to recruit a candidate to provide credit risk analysis expertise in support of the Bank’s commercial activity in all product lines and with all types of counterparties.
Scope of role:
Credit Applications are allocated based on the agreed responsibility schedule delegated by the Head of Credit Underwriting.
Credit Applications that reflect large limits and/or higher risk counterparties are discussed at the Credit Committee before approval. For straightforward proposals (i.e., smaller limits and/or stronger risk counterparties), or for applications with prior discussions, approval is sought via email circulation. Urgent applications are subject to their respective deadlines, although the timeline may be extended based on the complexity of the application.
Principal Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Deliverables of Role:
• To review Corporates and Financial Institutions with which the bank has or is proposing to have a relationship by analysing the latest financial information and assessing the risk.
• To ensure that reviews are undertaken in a timely manner by obtaining the necessary information in advance.
• To provide a consistent level of good risk appraisal, outlining the risks, strengths and weaknesses of the proposal and adding value in providing suggestions to strengthen the proposal.
• To provide clear and unambiguous recommendations of the risk proposals.
• To ensure a timely turnaround of credit proposals and reviews.
• Ensure that credit proposals adhere to the Bank and Group Credit Policy.
• To refer unsuitable proposals at an early stage to the Head of Credit.
• To have an understanding of regulatory requirements relating to Financial Institution customers.
• To visit the Bank’s customers, and potential customers, when required.
• To develop a good working relationship with Marketing Officers but remain independently.
• To be familiar with the Bank’s systems (e.g. CMS, Risk Management Reporting, Fermat, Moody’s Risk Advisor, SNL, Moody’s, Fitch, and Capital Intelligence)
• To attend Credit Committee meetings and present credit applications to the committee, if necessary.
• Support the Head of Credit Underwriting and Head of Credit in ad hoc risk-related special tasks and projects, such as the preparation of risk acceptance criteria, as well as coordinating with other risk units in relation to policy/operation procedures/implementation.
• To comply with all relevant external legal, regulatory and reporting requirements.
• Knowledge of banking industry products/services.
• Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively.
• Analytical ability.
• Ability to interact with the key stakeholders in a multi-cultural environment.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• Ability to examine the linkages and interactions between different type of risks (credit; regulatory; operational; transactional; etc.).
• Critical thinking and Decisiveness.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Good language skills in English
• 5-7 years relevant experience in FI and corporate credit functions.
• Knowledge/experience of GCC and MENA markets, including a good understanding of the FI and corporate clients, economic sectors, macro-economic factors and related country risks within the region is a benefit.
• Fair amount of experience in assessing Trade Finance proposals.