Miryco Consultants are working with a renowned UK insurer seeking an experienced Corporate Credit Analyst to join their ambitious Investment Team.
- Fundamental and secondary analysis and monitoring of liquid and illiquid credit. Identify sector trends, risk concentrations, and make recommendations for selling or buying liquid and illiquid credit, based on a relative value analysis.
- Understand the credit and pricing methodologies used by external managers to provide the business with credit ratings and valuations for illiquid credit assets. Build the rating models internally to demonstrate independent validation of credit and pricing information provided by external asset managers
- Prepare the monthly reports on the performance and developments within portfolios allocated by the Head of Credit. For each portfolio, coordinate the monthly meeting with the relevant manager to discuss key activities in the portfolio during the month, performance (where relevant), credit changes and wider market developments.
- Learn how to lead the daily cash management activities, prepare the weekly market report and be familiar with the guidelines for the internally managed portfolios and holdings in such portfolios. Be able to buy and sell bonds and gilts for the internal portfolios. For all activities detailed here, be involved or responsible 1 or 2 days a quarter to ensure the analyst can provide back-up cover for holidays, extended periods of absence where necessary.
- Be able to research and produce high quality ad hoc investment papers if asked to.
- The successful candidate will have worked for a recognised rating agency, in banking or within the asset management industry for between 2 – 5 years.
- Strong data manipulation and interpretation skills and the ability to forge strong relationships with both internal and external partners.
Good working knowledge of global financial markets, sound analytical capabilities and relationship management strengths (to obtain information/ analysis from third parties).
- 2:1 degree and excellent academics.
The firm is offering a generous benefits package including family and work life balance focused options such as: fully paid maternity leave and parental leave, flexible working, insurance savings as well as a range of other optional benefits.
“Please note, our client is unable to offer sponsorship for this opportunity. Finally, should you not be contacted within five working days of submitting your application, then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the opportunity. We will however, be in touch should there be any other opportunities of potential interest that are suiting to your skills."
For similar roles, please visit www.miryco.com