Credit Analyst with responsibilities to include internal ratings, credit analysis, portfolio analysis, deal review and approval, limits and exposures management, surveillance and counterparty risk.
Support the development and implementation of portfolio monitoring framework where required, as the company develops and builds out its credit analysis.
- Particular responsibility for the monitoring and assessment of the company's portfolio across all asset classes, monitoring compliance with credit risk limits and communication of credit information to relevant parties.
- On a daily basis monitor rating actions, company announcements and news flow for all assets within the portfolio. Stay up-to-date with sector research, government policy and macro-economic trends that could potentially affect the portfolio. Perform regular reviews of all asset classes in the portfolio.
- Develop monitoring tools, gain access to research sources and develop relationships with external agencies including the regulator, research analysts, rating agencies and issuers to better understand all credit risks for all issuers in the portfolio.
- Understand the rating agencies' criteria and methodologies applied on the portfolio, monitor and analyse all rating agency actions and assess the potential implications for the portfolio. Understand internal rating methodologies to the same degree. Consider and challenge the appropriateness of ratings as part of the regular asset reviews, and highlight risks and vulnerabilities to these ratings.
- Ensure rating changes (internal and external) are captured within the company's systems on a timely basis (same day), and are communicated to relevant parties internally, including an analysis of capital impact. Reconcile company ratings with external data to ensure accuracy ahead of month end reporting.
- Evaluating new investments proposed by the asset origination team to identify key credit risks and to challenge deal structures, legal analysis, due diligence and modelling.
- Developing and updating internal credit methodologies and rating models with a focus on complex structured credit instruments.
- Conducting financial analysis of credits to assign internal ratings and present well-structured credit recommendations to senior management.
- Developing investment guidelines and risk limits for the comapny's investments.
- Providing input to the new (partial) internal capital model and assist with securing regulatory approval in the area
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders including the asset origination team, the risk team, senior management, and industry participants.
- Participating in industry events and staying informed through review of market research in order to monitor market trends and appropriately challenge new investment proposals.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 2:1 graded BSc or equivalent from a reputable University.
- Social Housing experience is big plus for this role.
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Familiarity with a broad range of structured finance assets and/or the fixed income market.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail with a high level of proficiency in Excel/VBA and excellent financial modelling skills.
- Strategic awareness and professional maturity: enabling this individual to visualise and communicate quantitative and qualitative risks, and their implications firm-wide.
- A self-starting, pro-active attitude. The company operates a flat, meritocratic working environment. Candidates need to be comfortable operating autonomously and demonstrate the ability to form effective relationships and achieve influence at the most senior levels within the organisation;