To support the Private Markets Groups credit platform investments throughout the full lifecycle including service provider relationship management, portfolio oversight and analytics, credit event management and new origination & deal execution support. The current portfolio includes a $3B+ joint venture to provide senior debt facilities to leading European direct lending asset managers, an equity release mortgage joint venture with a leading originator, a £500M UK mid-market renewable lending platform across Onshore Wind, Energy from Waste, and Energy Efficiency, as well as other warehousing facilities.
Specific Functional Responsibilities:
- Responsible for post transaction monitoring and asset management of investments to include monthly reporting, liaising with borrower counterparties and management of 3rd party service providers.
- In collaboration with the Private Credit & Alternate Income (PCAI) investment team, ensure that appropriate asset management plans are defined and implemented (directs) and sufficient support is provided to asset management activities
- Coordinate lifecycle events incl. credit matters (both technical and non-technical), refinancing and adjustments alongside the PCAI investment team and other key stakeholders
- Implementation and oversight of best practice operating- and origination- models to include support the on-boarding of new Credit-related investments as well as relevant sales and disposals
- Organise / supervise internal processes with key internal stakeholders and managing external workstreams such as legal, credit/commercial, financial and tax due diligence
- Document management including coordination of signing of documents and liaising with internal legal and our external legal panel
- Proactively participate in oversight aspects of the PMG, suggesting and implementing efficiencies or changes in process, procedures or structure where necessary
Broader PMG / AM&O Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the support of broader PMG activities incl. valuations, budgeting, MI / reporting and IT-support as well as be a point of contact for support and control teams within USSIM / USS
- Demonstrable track record of asset management of privately-held companies within a Credit setting (Private Equity or Infrastructure experience will also be considered)
- Likely to have worked in a similar role in one or more of the following: Credit Adviser, Investment Bank, GP, Pension Fund, Asset / Fund Manager
- Experience within a Financial Services’ consultancy / transaction services’ organisation would also be considered
- Ability to deliver high quality work under constrained timelines
- Competent at prioritisation, process organisation, and management of multiple workstreams
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player
- Working knowledge of credit investments and documentation
- Highly numerate (Accountancy/CFA qualification is considered advantageous but not a necessity)
- Great attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Self-starter with ‘can do’ attitude, highly organised and ability to prioritise
USSIM is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.