Credit Review - Vice President
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Morgan Stanley
- 23 nov. 17 2017-11-23
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Internal Audit is responsible for validating whether the firm operates in a controlled environment with appropriate risk-management processes. Auditors evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the firm’s internal audit. The team reports directly to the Board Audit Committee.
This role is part of the Credit Review Group within the Global Risk Management audit team, a group of risk professionals who are functionally part of Internal Audit, and is based in London. The Credit Review Group has a global responsibility to evaluate the quality of the Firm’s credit process and opine on the quality of the credit portfolio.
Credit Review covers all aspects of the firm's credit process, including but not limited to:
- adequacy of and adherence to Credit policies and procedures
- accuracy of internal credit rating
- quality of underwriting and credit analysis
- on-going monitoring of credit exposures and portfolio management
Morgan Stanley is seeking an experienced credit risk professional, ideally with a good understanding of internal audit. The role is at Vice President level, and reports to the head of EMEA head of risk management audit.
The individual will participate in all aspects of the Credit Review Group’s responsibilities, including:
- leading or participating in reviews of various credit portfolios, conducting thorough credit analyses to assess credit quality and conformance with the relevant policies and procedures
- scoping, executing testing, identifying control gaps/required enhancements, providing recommendations for improvement, and communicating those findings to senior management
- building relationships with key senior Credit Risk clients
- facing off to the local and potentially US regulators when discussing Credit Review work
- Strong, proven credit skills, preferably having worked as a credit analyst or in a credit review function in a major bank/financial institution or rating agency
- Sound knowledge of credit analysis of various types of borrowers - large corporates, financial institutions, commercial real estate, small & medium sized enterprises etc.
- Experience of building credible relationships with senior management in the Credit Risk function
- Good understanding of the OCC and FED guidelines relating to loan classification, the shared national credit process and relevant UK and European regulatory requirements
- Ability to supervise and mentor junior staff, and review work papers to ensure they meet internal standards
- Ability to manage audits to meet budgets and the time frame for completing audits.
- Ability to properly assess potential findings for significance
- Drafting audit reports including writing clear and concise findings and recommendations.
- Following up actions quarterly with clients through to completion
- Good understanding of Basel II requirements applicable to credit risk
- Strong analytical skills. Able to quickly process information
- Bright, motivated and good interpersonal and communication skills
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.*LI-CL1