See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture. Role Profile
We are looking to grow our Specialized Electronic Trading Infrastructure Engineering Team with a cross-discipline engineer strong in one
or more of the following - Servers, Networks, Big Data and/or Security. She or He will work with our partners across technology to find solutions to allow us to grow revenue, manage risk or reduce cost by leveraging existing technologies, on boarding new technologies or building it themselves.
The Morgan Stanley electronic and algorithmic trading platform is the core infrastructure behind the success of the Morgan Stanley Equities business and continues to be a primary driver of future growth and success in the industry.
In addition to possessing the exceptionally strong technical skills listed below, the ideal candidate must be able to work globally, write clear and concise technical documentation and able to verbally communicate ideas and engage in technical discussions and debates with technical management while still maintaining professionalism. Qualifications: Technical Skill Requirements - Core
● Demonstrated scripting experience (Python, GoLang, NodeJS, Perl, Ruby) or other high level programming or scripting tooling including extracting and updating data in enterprise data sources and/or interacting with the network devices.
● Experience working on shared code bases using best practices in CI / Source
● Control / Release Management and Change Control
● Application and Infrastructure Configuration management Technical Skill Requirements - Servers
● Deep Experience in Linux Systems. Must be capable of demonstrating high levels of proficiency from the command line.
● Server Build and Performance Tuning - Must be able cable of demonstrating high levels of understanding of the process for both.
● Kernel Bypass Adapters - Solarflare, Mellanox, ExaBlaze ExaNIC adapters
● FPGA Adapters - Altera / Xilinx - OpenCL
● Automated build / packaging experience - Ansible, RPM, Puppet, Chef
● AWS/GCP, Terraform etc automated provisioning tool chains Technical Skill Requirements - Security
● Strong understanding and practical experience of designing networks and security features such as policy automation, encryption, overlays, VRF, ACL,
● ISE, 802.1x, MAB, RADIUS etc.
● Firewalls - Fortinet firewall management
● Ability to architect, design and defend a threat model for an arbitrary environment incl. compensating controls
● Familiarity with MIT Kerberos application within enterprise Linux environments as well as IPtables Technical Skill Requirements - Networks
● Experience in architecture and design of network principles (routing & switching - NXOS/EOS ). Must be capable of demonstrating high levels of proficiency.
● Experience with Time Synchronization - Must be capable of demonstrating a high level of proficiency to meet international financial standards
● Network capture appliances (Corvil, Endace, Fireeye), optical taps, Wireshark Technical Skill Requirements - Data Analytics / Automation
● Intermediate SQL - MySQL,Sybase, DB2
● NoSQL DBs - Mongo
● Standard analytics libraries like numpy/pandas
● NIFI, Elastic Search, Kibana, Kafka and other large-data collection system build-out and operations
● Principle of modern ML-techniques with an ability to demonstrate junior-level adaptation Professional Skills & Requirements
● Demonstrated self-development outside the office
● Sense of ownership/accountability
● Must have the ability to work in our dynamic, fast paced environment
● Desire to learn and adapt to new technology
● Open source contributions a bonus
● Ability to prioritize along with good time management skills
● Outstanding attention to detail and communication skills