Cybersecurity Standards Manager
Cybersecurity Standards Manager Big Bank Funding. FinTech Thinking.
Our technology teams in the UK work closely with HSBC's global businesses to help design and build digital services that allow our millions of customers around the world, to bank quickly, simply and securely. We also run and manage our IT infrastructure, data centres and core banking systems that
power the world's leading international bank.
Our multi-disciplined teams include: DevOps engineers, IT architects, front and back end developers, infrastructure specialists, cyber experts, as well as project and programme managers.
Following extensive investment across our Technology and Digital domains and with plans for continued expansion throughout 2019 and beyond, we are currently seeking an experienced Cybersecurity Standards Manager
to join HSBC Technology.
In this role you will be responsible for global cyber security standards creation, development and maintenance and providing consultancy and guidance to stakeholders on the associated governance processes.
Your responsibilities will include:
Qualifications What you will bring to the role;
- Delivering professional technical authorship of the standards
- Ensuring consistent, accurate, verifiable and implementable controls
- Managing standards delivery through the constitution of working groups
- Managing Working Groups in order to ensure standard controls are up to date and fit for purpose
- Drive ongoing improvements to the standards development and governance processes
- Creation, maintenance and delivery of materials for the delivery of effective training of Stakeholders on the Cyber Security Standard development and governance process
- Providing advice, guidance and opinion on cyber security standards and related policy
- Preparation of standard submissions to working groups
- Maintaining the global cyber security standards owned by Cybersecurity
- Engagement with and management of a diverse set of stakeholders to understand impact across all Three Lines of Defence of standards and policy controls, and the control environment
- Representing Cybersecurity standards in various forums/project Working Groups
- Influencing and engaging effectively across a range of audiences
- Working together with subject matter experts from IT, Risk, Operations, Business, Audit, Legal and Compliance to develop appropriate standard solutions
- Participation in ad-hoc projects (technical, strategic, operational)
- Contribution to team development, effectiveness and success by sharing knowledge and good practice, working collaboratively with others to create a productive, diverse and supporting work environment
- Assisting in the development and application of a consistent Cybersecurity standards development, maintenance and governance process
- Providing challenge and feedback to working groups relating to policy, standards and documentation
To be successful in this role you should have proven experience within the Technology sector with knowledge of the following skills:
- Demonstrable experience working as a Technical Editor, Technical Author, Technical Writer
- Demonstrable experience working in a Policy/Standards Development environment
- Demonstrable experience of effective stakeholder management and cross-team/business engagement
- Expected to lead and facilitate meetings with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Ability to clearly and strongly communicate with stakeholders
- Ability to persuade and influence stakeholders, including function heads
- Good presentation skills
- Good knowledge of IT and IT Security practice or principles
- Excellent English language communication skills (both written and spoken)
- Experience of working within a technical environment
- Experience of working within a regulated business or good knowledge of how to apply effective solution within a regulatory environment
The base location for this role is London. Come Power a Business that Defines How to Power the World
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website. Recruitment Helpdesk
Telephone: +44 2078328500