DB2 DBA // Financial Services // Canary Wharf
A financial services client of mine are looking for a DB2 DBA with experience within an enterprise Linux/AIX environment. Key Responsibilities:
- Provide operational shift support (7:30am-4pm) for the DB2 server database environment.
- Investigate any issues and work with internal and external vendors to identify solutions and support any fixes that are required as part of service improvement.
- Ensure all faults, incidents and problems are responded in an efficient manner
- Execute the failover for the database and application services as required. Participate in disaster recovery testing activities.
- Create, maintain and review operational process and support documentation. Required Skills: -
Database disaster recovery/high availability technologies e.g. SAN replication, HADR, QRep, VVR.
- Ability to plan and implement technical changes without unexpected disruption to the service
- Ability to write Korn/awk shell scripts for database maintenance and monitoring.
- Experience of providing production support activities for business critical databases/applications.
- Knowledge of ITIL framework
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative. BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.