See job description for details
This role will be focused on proactively validating and verifying data center asset decommissioning - disposal procedures and records with the objective of detecting, alerting and verifying errors, omissions and corrective actions to prevent potential data center asset or data loss events.
The reconciliation function will reiteratively test data center asset management controls within and across regions via desktop and/or field level validations. The main objective of the role is to check that the disposal process and chain of custody documentation is compliant to the Firms standards and that artifacts are globally reconcilable.
The role has global responsibilities with colleagues and key stakeholders based in locations across North America, EMEA, Asia and Japan. The successful candidate will build relationships across different regions and time zones to support the role and EDC's Risk agenda. Background on Technical Environment
EDC is a global organization responsible for the Firm's enterprise data center portfolio, one of several towers under the Critical Infrastructure (CI) division. EDC is accountable for the provisioning and management of the firm's data centers from initial requirements, construction and fit-out, and is also responsible for the physical life cycle management of IT assets housed within. EDC provides data center services to CI towers such as Enterprise Computing (EC), Enterprise Network Services (ENS), Main Frame (MC), among others. The Data Center portfolio is comprised of various data center types across the globe, ranging from dedicated owned and operated sites to colocation facilities with large and small foot prints. Qualifications: Skills Required
Education and qualifications
- Excellent teamwork skills, capable of working effectively across a variety of IT and Business groups, across regions, roles and able to interact effectively with all management levels
- Ability to switch context quickly and work on multiple streams of work concurrently
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Ability to identify appropriate stakeholders within and beyond immediate team and work to build and maintain tight network/relationships with them
- Strong communication skills essential and written and verbal
- Experience in developing executive level presentation materials
- Self-starter able to identify where focus is needed and bring clarity to requirements
- Proven ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office and related applications (Word, Excel,
- PowerPoint, Access, Visio, Project). Advanced skill in data manipulation or automation using Excel functionality.
- Ability to build and sustain relationships with individuals at all levels of the organisation and leverage this to achieve work-related objectives.
- Educated to degree level.
- ITIL, PMP certifications
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.