We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here. We are looking to hire a Data Analytics and Technology Audit Manager, who will be responsible for managing and driving the use of data analytics within the Internal Audit team and supporting delivery of varied technology audit engagements.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, support local communities and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help realize their goals.
So, we created the leading small business loan platform. Investors have lent £9.8 billion in 130,000 loans to 90,000 small business owners. In a single year, this lending unlocked 115,000 jobs and contributed £6.5 billion to the global economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
What you will be doing:
Would you describe yourself as a data ‘enthusiast’? Do you have a passion for analysing and visualising data to enhance the organisation’s risk and control environment and help the business make better decisions faster? Are you intrigued by technology and how it can be used to deliver value to customers within financial services and how data and technology risks and controls can be best balanced? If you answer yes to these questions then we'd love to hear from you!
We are looking to hire a Data Analytics and Technology Audit Manager, who will be responsible for managing and driving the use of data analytics within the Internal Audit team and supporting delivery of varied technology audit engagements.
This is an exciting new position that you can build out and really put your own stamp on.
- Leading the specialist data analysis, profiling and modelling work in Internal Audit using a wide variety of structured and unstructured data sources.
- Developing a great understanding of the FC data repositories and flows to ensure Internal Audit has ready access to appropriate data sources and tools as required.
- Taking end-to-end ownership of the design & build of assigned analytics work, ensuring delivery is in line with assurance needs – scope, timing & quality.
- Educating / training the Internal Audit team to establish and develop a baseline capability in relation to data analytics tools, techniques and procedures.
- Working closely with the Internal Audit Senior Manager Cyber, Technology and Change to support delivery of technology audits as required, including planning, execution and reporting of observations to stakeholders.
- Managing on-going engagements and partnering with the business to support delivery of Internal Audit engagements.
- Assisting with the confirmation, tracking and validation of issues and recommendations raised.
- Making internal audits more efficient by developing automated solutions, data models, scripts, reports etc.
- Building and maintaining close working relationships with management, control owners and other key stakeholders within the business.
- Engaging with teams across the business to further enhance governance, risk management & control frameworks through the implementation of best practices and industry standards.
- Expert data analytics and technology audit & assurance professional, with experience ideally gained through Internal Audit teams and/or Big Four audit firms.
- Proven ability to analyse and explain data and technical issues to a non-technical audience, providing insight and pragmatic solutions that meet the needs of the business and Internal Audit requirements.
- Able to effectively project manage the end to end audit lifecycle, demonstrating a strong understanding of business processes, risks and controls, with excellent attention to detail and strong focus on the quality of deliverables.
- Preferred qualifications include CISA and demonstrable expertise in using data analytics tools (e.g. ACL, Idea, Power BI, Python) and strong SQL query/development skills. Experience of other languages such as ‘R’ an added advantage.
- Experience developing dashboards in visualisation tools like Tableau or Qlikview.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and negotiation skills, comfortable dealing with a range of colleagues to senior levels.
Why should you join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by all of our Circlers.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Yes, it’s target-driven and high-octane – but we like to play hard too. That’s what makes us, us. Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible.
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly.
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.