- CDI, Plein-temps
- Schroders Investment Management
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
Data ArchitectCompany Overview
Cazenove Capital is part of the Schroders group and provides a complete wealth management service by delivering tailored portfolio management and wealth planning, together with banking and treasury services.
Private individuals, family offices, trusts, businesses and pension plans all rely on us to provide them with bespoke, discretionary and advisory investment services. We are a leading charity fund manager in the UK.
We employ over 700 talented people worldwide operating from 16 offices in 9 different countries acr oss Europe and Asia with over £41billion of assets under management.
Schroders has developed under stable ownership for over 200 years and long-term thinking governs our approach to in vesting, building client relationships and growing our business.
Schroders Global Technology (GT) function is organised into a number of teams, distributed across Schroders' global offices, with technology hubs in London, Zurich, Luxembourg, Singapore and New York.
The software engineering and technology change function is split between 5 domains: Investment, Portfolio Operations and Data; Distribution and Product; Corporate; Wealth and; Digital. In addition there are teams which operate as shared services to provide Technology Infrastructure, Production Services (production support, release and access control), Quality Assurance, Information Security and Business Management (change management, assurance and reporting).
Our application estate is comprised mainly of commercially available off the shelf software packages best suited to Schroders' operational needs, complimented by a number of internally developed proprietary systems to support the specific needs of the clients and products that our colleagues support.
The Global Technology vision is to ensure a stable operating environment that can function at multiple speeds, that focuses on value delivered to our external and internal customers. With a culture of excellence through collaboration, innovation and continuous improvement, Global Technology will enable Schroders to deliver the best outcomes for clients and shareholders.
In order to ensure that the emergent technology needs of our clients, regulators and internal stakeholders are able to be met quickly and effectively Schroders is undertaking the Leading Enterprise Agile Programme (LEAP) within Global Technology. In order to ensure this is achieved without compromising the stability and security of the platform, Schroders Global Technology is implementing a bespoke agile operating model, based on the SAFe methodology, which ensures that technology support and infrastructure is unaffected and the requisite governance and control is in place.
Overview of role
The Data Architect is responsible for creating and maintaining a data strategy that is aligned to the business objectives - what data should be mastered where, how data should flow through the organisation, what applications should consume/publish from/to what other applications. This role reports directly to the Head of Wealth IT.
• Identify, by working with business heads and technology domain leads, a data roadmap for the organisation
• Communicate roadmap to senior business sponsors, aligning, and showing the relevance to their division.
• Communicate roadmap to project teams and influence project teams to align to the roadmap
• Understand and contribute to the development of the Schroders' Group Data Model
General and Technical skills
• Know Safe/Agile methodologies
• Thorough understanding of Wealth or Asset Management industry
• Understand of iterative delivery of development
• Strong and empathetic communication skills
• Be able to champion the adoption of new architectural standards for data
• Strong influencing skills
• Have a very strong technical background and knowledge of industry trends
• Strong data modelling skills
• Educated to at least undergraduate degree level in a numerate subject, preferably computer science or similar
• Basic professional qualifications relating to the wealth\asset management industry are preferred
• Capable of remaining positive when under pressure
• Comfortable with ambiguity and change
• Diligent and committed to excellence in all aspects of their work
• Friendly, approachable, enjoys working with people from a variety of backgrounds
• Continuous improvement mind-set, challenges the status quo and seeks self improvement