Data Assurance - AVP
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Charles Levick
- 20 sept. 17
My client, a tier 1 investment bank, is looking to recruit two strong Data candidates at an AVP level, one in London and one in Glasgow, to help build out a high performing and dynamic Data Assurance function for the bank.
My client, a tier 1 investment bank, is looking to recruit two individuals at an AVP level, one in London and one in Glasgow, to help build out a high performing and dynamic Data Assurance function for the bank.
The role sits within the Chief Data Office (CDO) which has strategic accountability for the provision of Data Governance, Data Quality Management, Enterprise Reference Data Management, Data Architecture and associated Data Operations services, to drive the adoption, execution and evaluation of compliance, in relation to the Group Data Management Policy and Standards. The Chief Data Office will house the Centre of Excellence for Data Metrics, Reporting and Assurance and will provide strategic direction to the organisation for managing data issues and assuring compliance.
The CDO Assurance team is responsible for delivering an efficient, automated and rigorous Assurance capability to prove adherence to the Data Strategy and Data Management Policy and Standards across the Group by testing the design and operational effectiveness of key controls. The team provides an independent assessment of the controls and raises issues where gaps are identified. This team will also provide education and guidance to the wider organisation on controls testing and assurance relating to Data.
The main purpose of this role is to support the Head of Data Assurance in actually planning the pipeline Data Assurance activities and designing specific Assurance scenarios in order to optimise the effectiveness of the Data Assurance Function including specific targets relating to automation.
I am looking to speak to analytical, dynamic individuals with experience conducting audit, controls testing or conformance testing activities/processes, to take on the role of an Assurance Planning & Scenario Design Lead.
* Identification and implementation of optimisation, continuous improvement and automation opportunities relating to Assurance execution
* Definition of specific data assurance scenario tests and coverage models
* Define and build the required assurance artefacts required of an effective control environment
* Build relationships and a network across the both the CDO teams and other related groups to enable delivery on the strategy for data assurance - specifically focussed on optimisation, automation and continuous improvement
* Support the design and execution of automated assurance scripts, reporting output and investigation and analysis process
* Provide education and guidance to the broader organisation relating to controls testing and the Assurance of Data
Assurance Planning & Forecasting
* Experience in planning to operational capacity in order to structure the Data Assurance pipeline to meet all operational targets
* Build and maintain collaborative working relationships with key stakeholders and subject matter experts in each stakeholder population in order to communicate Data Assurance activity and requirements
* Develop a strategic approach to changing requirements and activity levels
* Manage and maintain the flow of communication between key stakeholders across the group
* Experience in analysing and interpreting policies, standards and controls in order to define accurate testing scenarios in order to support an efficient and automated Data Assurance process
* Work closely with CDO, CIO and other organisations to develop strategic processes and platforms to support the Data Assurance strategy
* Articulate complex messages to a variety of audiences and through a variety of mediums, including the strategy of the wider organisation
* Strong analytical skills (ability to analyse and summarise data) and the ability to interpret complex policies, standards and controls
* Experience conducting audit, controls testing or conformance testing activities and processes
* Ability to operate within a global team environment
* Attention to detail
* Ability to design and produce professional and meaningful reports and artefacts
* Strong Influencing and leveraging skills as the role operates across a matrix
* Business understanding and capability to document requirements
* Strong understanding of automation techniques and scenario planning
* Ability to communicate orally and in writing to senior management and in regulatory documents
* Integrity and trustworthiness in order to maintain the team's reputation and standing