Data Science Machine Learning Engineer/ Strategist, Securities, Analyst/Associate, London
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Goldman Sachs International
- 18 juin 18 2018-06-18
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB SECURITIES
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
Have a global impact with Goldman Sachs without moving! We are hiring people who want to work on interesting challenges with a global impact in the financial sector. We have 1.5BN lines of code running across a huge infrastructure. We also give back to the Open Source community (e.g. Eclipse collections) and stay close to the start-up scene. Our people have complete product ownership; requirements, coding, testing and deployment. We run a low friction SDLC where you learn from peer code review. You will help us progress toward our goal of continuous build and cloud deployment everywhere. We like to run a lean and flat structure where everyone is happy to help out. We love to learn and offer robust training resources, including free access to Pluralsight, Safari books, Harvard Business Review and Egghead training platforms. We run internal MOOC-like curated learning, soft skills education, a women's mentoring program and more. We have a culture of giving back; last year over 25,000 of our people volunteered on 1,600 community projects across the world. Job Summary Machine learning problems we aim to tackle are among the most challenging ones due to competitive nature of the markets. The front-office machine learning strats team continuously challenges the status-quo of the conventional approaches in financial services. We are seeking bright individuals to join us in solving hard data science and machine learning problems on large scale complex financial data sets.
We are looking for candidates who have:
- Quantitative rigour - data drives everything we do
- Passion to deliver - our job is not done until the system works and makes bottom-line impact
- Creative drive - we face unique problems daily that require applying unique quantitative approaches
- Great communication skills - as daily coordination with our global teams is essential Responsibilities
- Work as part of the front-office machine learning strats team. Deliver components of data flow and machine learning models from conception to production. Share ownership of end-to-end development and deployment of the front-office system
- Work with large and complex financial data sets unique to our business. Provide insights to data, build visualisations based on quantitative methods
- Interact closely with local and global engineering and other front-office teams
- Work with various technologies including R, Python, Java, C++, Linux, SQL and Goldman Sachs
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- BSc or MSc degree in a quantitative discipline
- Solid programming skills in one of Java, Python, C++ with background in algorithms data structures
- Full software development life-cycle experience
- Experience with database languages (e.g. SQL, KDB)
- MSc or PhD degree in a quantitative discipline
- Expertise in statistical analysis, stochastic models, multi-variate analysis and / or related fields
- Experience in statistical tools / languages (e.g. R, pandas / numpy / scikit, Matlab)
- Experience in building big data / machine learning pipelines
- Experience in TensorFlow or similar deep learning frameworks (Theano, Torch, Keras)
- Exposure/background in financial products, front-office background is a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.