Winton is a global investment management and data science company. Founded by CEO David Harding in 1997, Winton’s business is grounded in the belief that the scientific method can be profitably applied to the field of investing. The firm aims to help savers and institutional clients meet their investing goals by building intelligent, long-term investment systems that evolve as markets change. Winton employs more than 300 people in eight offices around the world and manages approximately $25 billion of assets for many of the world’s largest pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, banks and fund platforms.
Data is a valuable asset at Winton. As a Data Scientist, you will be at the forefront of our efforts to explore new datasets, techniques and technologies that advance our capabilities to fully leverage data in our research programme. We are looking for individuals who are enthusiastic about taking a hands-on approach and collaborating with top technical talent in a collegial, meritocratic work environment characterised by teamwork and intellectual rigour.
- Sourcing, integrating, curating and analysing new data sets
- Actively further our understanding and efficient use of data
- Collaborating with research colleagues and supporting their efforts to fully leverage our data assets
- Delivering high quality research, processes and tooling in support of our research goals
- Intellectually curious about data and technology, with an exploratory mindset and the pragmatic applicability suitable for a commercial research environment
- Approachable and able to communicate effectively, whether in person or via electronic means
- Take pride in your efforts, satisfaction in completing a project and enjoy variety in your work
- Open-minded team player willing to apply their skills and expertise as required and give, receive and encourage feedback from others
- Degree from a top tier university or other qualifying experience
- Proven experience of combining and leveraging multiple data sets
- Strong data analysis skills and experience with Python, Pandas, SQL and source control
- Use of cloud computing platforms such as AWS or Azure
- Skilled in the area of customized data visualization and exploration tooling