Winton is a global investment management and data science company. Founded in 1997 by CEO David Harding, Winton’s business utilises computing technology to apply mathematical and statistical methods to the field of investing. Winton employs approximately 300 people in eight offices around the world and manages more than $20 billion of assets for many of the world’s largest pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, banks and fund platforms.
Research & Investment Management is at the core of Winton’s business. As a systematic manager, our investment process involves the use of large amounts of data and the identification of hard-to-detect patterns. Winton’s researchers and data scientists work collaboratively to develop robust trading strategies based upon original investment hypotheses, which are tested rigorously with extensive computational and data resources. Ultimately, Winton builds automated investment systems for trading financial markets.
- Sourcing, integrating, curating and analysing new datasets
- Actively furthering our understanding and efficient use of data
- Collaborating with research colleagues and supporting their efforts to fully leverage our data assets
- Delivering high-quality research, processes and tooling in support of our research goals
- Intellectually curious about data and technology, with an exploratory mindset and the pragmatism suitable for a commercial research environment
- Approachable and able to communicate effectively, whether in person or electronically
- Take pride in your work, have the desire to complete projects and enjoy variety in your tasks
- Open-minded and hands-on team player willing to apply your skills and expertise as required; give, receive and encourage feedback to and from others
- Integrity and intellectual honesty
- Degree from a top tier university or other qualifying experience
- Proven experience of combining and leveraging multiple datasets
- Strong data analysis skills and experience with Python, Pandas, SQL and source control
- Use of cloud computing platforms such as AWS or Azure
- Skilled in the area of customised data visualization and exploration tooling