Data Scientist, Britbox
UK - London - Gray's Inn Road
ITV is the biggest commercial television network in the UK. ITV operates the award winning ITV Hub, one of the UK's leading video on demand (VOD) platforms with over 30m registered users. The Hub has a strong and rapidly growing presence across the web, mobile applications and connected TVs, with millions of users everyday. We also operate a range of other programme apps and websites. We deliver the most popular television from the UK's largest commercial broadcaster online with a focus on the user experience. We're all about pushing the boundaries and being innovative.
Earlier this year, ITV announced the launch of BritBox, a new subscription-based streaming service of British boxsets and original series, available on demand. Britbox is owned by BritBox LLC, a joint venture of BBC Studios and ITV plc. It is focused on British television series, featuring current and past series supplied from the BBC and ITV.
The ITV Data & Insights Group have an exciting, brand new opportunity for a Data Scientist to join our growing Data Science and Analytics team in supporting BritBox with the development of analytics-driven product features and operational models for this service. This is an opportunity to shape a new business area with cutting-edge technologies and algorithms. The successful candidate will be joining an established Data Science team to draw support from which already among others serves the ITV Hub product teams in understanding how our users are engaging with our content and products and who they are as well as by building products that improve their experience.
Building data driven products is at the heart of what we do. To do this we have access to very large and varied data sets and we use various tools and techniques. We are now looking to grow and further invest in our Data Science team as its scope expands to serve additional business areas.
- Be the point of contact and support the ITV BritBox Subscription-based VOD (SVOD) business from a data science perspective, by primarily building new or improving and leveraging on existing models
- Use a variety of Machine Learning and statistical models and more broadly data modelling and visualisation techniques in your work as appropriate
- Work on and lead modelling projects including customer churn, customer segmentation, propensity, lifetime value, forecasting, content selection and recommendation systems
- Help productionise models and engineer pipelines that can be deployed into production
- Provide insight into user behaviour using customer profiling, statistical inference/testing, stochastic modelling, other advanced analytic techniques and via A/B or multivariate testing
- Leverage third-party datasets to augment data modelling, increase internal data quality and suggest new data-driven use cases to the business
- Interpret analysis and communicate results and recommendations to colleagues at all levels within the business
- Work with stakeholders to proactively suggest initiatives, analysis and other developments to add value to the business wherever possible
- Contribute in developing the Data Science team by improving their ways of working, supporting in enabling activities, training and upskilling members
- Comfortable programming skills and applied knowledge of Python and SQL in a work environment
- Highly analytical with a strong knowledge of Machine Learning algorithms, in the areas of clustering, classification, regression
- Confident handling large data sets and data wrangling
- Familiar with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Google Cloud Platform (GCP) big data infrastructure
- Evidence of good verbal and written communication, able to explain technical concepts and analysis in a clear and concise manner
- A proactive self-starter showing initiative, flexibility, commitment and cares for their own self-development
- An excellent, well-respected team player with a strong team ethos, constructive attitude and good stakeholder management skills - also evidence to contributing to team development
- Embody a strong sense of curiosity and creativity to produce insight and data driven solutions
- Experience with data analysis and modelling in a subscription-based service/product, ideally with exposure to customer and/or transactional data sets
- Sufficient statistical modelling and principles' knowledge, including t-testing, statistical regression, survival analysis, generalised linear models
- Experience with big data analysis tools like Python dask or Spark
- Experience with visualisation tools such as plotly, Python Bokeh or D3
- Experience with other programming languages, e.g. R, an advantage
Closing date: Friday 21st June 2019
We're passionate about creating a diverse and creative team of people of all ethnicities and backgrounds. Treating people equally and with fairness and respect is a way of life here. Our jobs are open to all. At ITV we celebrate individuality. We are committed to increasing the diversity of our workforce and we strongly encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer and if you have a disability and meet the minimum criteria for the role we'll guarantee you an interview. We're happy to discuss any additional support you may need during our application process as part of our reasonable adjustments approach. So we encourage you to get in touch with us if you require additional support.
At ITV it's your talent that matters and we want you to be the best you can be.
For more information check out….. www.itvjobs.com/why-join-us/diversity-and-inclusion/