Data Scientist – London
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Norges Bank Investment Management
- 22 juin 18 2018-06-22
Norges Bank Investment Management manages the Government Pension Fund Global. The fund is invested worldwide in equities, fixed income and real estate, totalling around 8,200 billion kroner (1 trillion dollar). Our mission is to safeguard and build wealth for Norway’s future generations. We are operating in a global, highly competitive and constantly evolving market. We are more than 600 people of more than 35 nationalities, with offices in Oslo, London, New York, Singapore and Shanghai.
Norges Bank Investment Management is seeking a dedicated and results oriented professional for the position of Data Science Analyst, part of CIO office within our Equity Strategies department which is responsible for shared services across security selection activities.
Your role will be to integrate, analyse and present large data related to investment decisions and portfolio risk and performance. It involves both financial, non-financial, structured and un-structured data. The intention is that your role works in combination with other team members who have specific investment and research skills,
The role reports to the Head of Business Management with day to day tasks assigned from senior colleagues. The role is based in London and travel will be required.
• Managing and automating the presentation of large static or time-series data sets from financial or alternative data sources.
• Managing bespoke surveys and alternative data relating to investment research (B2B or B2C)
• Conducting statistical analysis in support of investment ideas relating to this data, including back testing data sets against company results or consensus expectations.
• Automating the presentation of data tables & charts.
• Analysing how portfolios have performed and how they are positioned across different dimensions.
• Maintaining a data library
Main Qualifications: The candidate should demonstrate some of the following if possible or an aptitude to learn
• Master’s degree in science or mathematics disciplines is preferred but willing to consider Bachelors with experience in similar roles.
• Manipulating large data sets in various formats (e.g. SQL, advanced levels of Alteryx)
• Statistical techniques (e.g. Regression analysis)
• Visualization of data (e.g. advanced levels of Tableau)
• Using cloud based services for hosting large data sets (e.g. AWS)
• Portfolio analysis skills
• Experience sourcing alternative data providers for investment research
• Ambition to excel
• High level of integrity
• Excellent collaboration and communication skills with strong proficiency in written and spoken English
Norges Bank Investment Management can offer a rewarding, international fast-paced working environment, and the opportunity to play a role in safeguarding and building financial wealth for future generations as part of one of the world’s largest funds. Norges Bank Investment Management has a performance culture that values the contribution of every individual and focuses on professional growth.
Norges Bank Investment Management is committed to ensuring Equal Opportunities for all employees.
The salary offered is competitive
Contact details: Questions regarding the position may be directed to Mark Clemens, Head of Business Management, 0207 534 5340.
Please note we can only accept applications via the online portal. www.nbim.no .
Opening date for applications is 12th June 2018
Deadline for application is close of business 26th June 2018
No Agencies please