Data Science - Senior Appointments
Twenty are working with a global mining and commodities business on the build out and evolution of their data competence, across all corners of the business. Supporting our client to become data enabled across the end to end physical product lifecycle, from exploration, mining and extraction to logistics, shipping and trading. A specific project has been launched to build data science and machine learning for use within mines and a team of data scientists and machine learning engineers are required to support.
A background in R and/or Python is essential, as is an extensive track record building and delivering statistical models and algorithms to achieve substantial business impact.
The work within the project will entail extensive analysis of complex data sets to achieve POC and demonstrate real-time, real world impact in driving the efficiency of the mining process through use of data technology whilst upholding adherence to strict safety and regulatory requirements.
Summary skills and experience that are essential
- Understanding business challenges through discovery conversation and experience in designing/defining how data science solutions can be built
- Strong competence with R / Python rapid application development
- Extensive statistical modelling
- Operating across global teams and multiple time zones
- Belonging to a larger scale data change programme and forging strong relationships across broad stakeholder group
If you feel you have the relevant experience for this newly created opportunity, then please apply to this advert and send your CV to Mihaela Popova at Twenty Group.