Data Scientist - Financial Services
- Salaire :£60,000
- Lieu de travail :Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- Type de contrat :CDI, Plein-temps
- Entreprise :Alexander Ash Consulting
- Mise à jour le :20 mai 18
Data Scientist - Financial Services , applied mathematics, Statistics, Machine learning, quantitative finance, R, Python,
For this reputable Investment Bank we are looking for a Data Scientist. The sole mission of their utility is to transform data into an enterprise asset to solve complex problems using cutting edge technologies– helping to rapidly implement insights that will drive more informed decision making. They will deploy scalable distributed algorithms to process complex, large and a wide array of datasets impossible for people to mine, and ultimately achieve more than we ever thought possible The Data Scientist role will be a core function to ensure effective implementation of the Investment Banking Big Data Analytics Strategy.
· Graduated from a top-tier university in applied mathematics, Statistics, Machine learning, quantitative finance or related scientific area.
· Deep understanding of the theoretical grounds of machine learning and of the corresponding mathematical framework. Strong statistical knowledge is an asset for this position.
· Good programming skills (Python, R, Matlab, C++), with exposure to Data Science/Visualisation packages such as SciKit Learn, Keras/Tensorflow, Plotly
· Preferably an understanding of distributed compute environments eg Hive, Hadoop, SparkMLLib, H2O
· Good understanding of global markets, markets macrostructure and macro economics
· Critical mind and ability to challenge, intuition of implicit assumptions in mathematical developments.
· Good communication skills (written and spoken), ability to engage with different sakeholders and to synthesize.
· Ability to conduct several related projects simultaneously and to meet tight deadlines.