Deputy Head of IT
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Arab Banking Corporation
- 17 avr. 19
ABCIB incorporated as ABC International Bank plc, is the London headquarters for Bank ABC's operations in Europe, which has branches and representative offices in France, Germany, Turkey, Italy. Bank ABC in the UK offers trade and commodity finance, project, export and structured finance, treasury services and Islamic financial services. We aim to attract, recruit and retain the best talent to make a positive contribution to the continued success of ABCIB.
The role of Deputy is to support the Head of IT in ensuring the bank progresses its strategic plan to drive efficiency through use of technology within a regulated environment. Ensure technological advances and stable delivery of information technology services within ABCIB through planning, organising and managing the local IT team and co-ordinating with Group IT. Supporting the implementation of bank’s business plan and identifying new technology to come up with innovative ideas and solutions, at all times ensuring adherence to the Group’s IT standards, policies and procedures.
Principal Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Deliverables of Role:
- Work with the Head of IT and the Group IT team to manage IT Operations, Infrastructure, PC and Application Support staff and Information Security.
- Work with the Head of IT to develop and implement IT Strategy to drive ABCIB Business Plan
- Experience working in a regulated environment is essential with strong understanding of risk and compliance
- Proven experience leading an IT department and operating at senior management level
- Partner with the Business to provide strategic IT support and guidance to ABCIB’s Branches and its Representative Offices
- Work in close co-ordination with Group IT to ensure alignment between ABCIB and Group IT
- Confidence, gravitas and excellent communication and leadership skills
Culture & Behaviours
- Work with the Head of IT, Group IT and senior management to drive continuous improvement in IT solutions
- Promote IT innovation and knowledge sharing across the ABC Group.
- Encourage team working within IT staff both locally and as part of global projects.
- Deputise for Head of IT
- Implementation of Group and Local IT projects
- Implement Group Information Security strategy
- IT Governance – COBIT 5 Framework
- Operational Risk champion
- Management Information Reporting – KPI, KRI
- Project Lifecycle Management and Delivery
- Service Delivery management
- Change management
- GDPR and Data Protection management
- Management of Vendors and Suppliers
- Stakeholder engagement
- Disaster Recovery management
- Budget Management
- Excellent knowledge of all aspects of IT, operating systems, applications, mobile devices, networking, firewalls, intruder prevention system, data centers.
- Strong security skills to implement Information Security (InfoSec) standards.
- Creative skills are a very strong asset in this profession, as IT often must come up with new IT solutions to address any problems that arise, or to improve the efficiency of an organization's IT infrastructure.
- Management skills and experience to create an efficient work environment, conducive to teamwork and collaboration, and encourage good communication between employees and management
Education / Certifications
- Bachelor of Science degree, Relevant I.T. Training
- Significant proven information technology experience
- Significant banking industry experience
- Project management experience
- COBIT5 or ITIL v3 implementation
- Strong leadership skills to support the Head of IT in managing technical staff, assigning and organizing tasks, and overseeing systems implementation.
- Ability to work independently to take ownership of responsibilities.
- Desire to be aware of latest technology trends
- Team orientated.
- Ability to communicate and influence staff at all levels.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good presentation skills.
ABCIB recognises the benefits that a diverse workforce brings to the Bank and is fully committed to the elimination of unlawful and unfair discrimination. ABCIB is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (which includes colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, or sexual orientation. ABCIB encourages a culture that values meritocracy, openness, fairness and transparency.