Derivative and FI Application Support Specialist
For more than 15 years, we have been advising companies and supporting them in the implementation of their transformation projects in the UK and internationally. To do this, we have been relying on technology and the strength of our DNA based on collective intelligence, agility and a taste for entrepreneurship. Present on five continents, with more than 3,500 employees, our objective is to exceed the billion-pound turnover by 2024.
In the UK, Talan count 230 employees on several site, the main being: London, Edinburgh, Leeds.
Talan UK is expanding its team we are looking for a Trading Application Support Specialist Job Description
This role requires strong problem-solving and communication skills. The analyst will engage directly with many different teams within the bank including trading, sales, middle office, back office, confirmations, market risk and accounting. Therefore, the ability to pick up diverse product and process knowledge will be critical.
Key daily tasks include:
- Proactively monitoring the system
- Configuring the system
- Analysing and resolving production support technical and functional issues
- Fielding questions from all CIT personnel including traders, marketers, risk managers, and middle office and keeping them informed of system issues and changes affecting them
- Logging incidents
- Advising the core development team of necessary bug fixes and enhancements
- Release management
- Highly motivated with an ability to learn & master large and complex software systems First class degree of top university
- Mathematical or/and IT background is preferred.
- Candidates with have relevant experience in a similar role, the majority of which gained within Front Office Trading will have preference. Experience in providing support as part of a team with practical understanding of the criticality of trading applications will be a plus point.
- The role focuses on a wide range of financial products and technologies. Hence candidates with additional finance background will be desirable.
Good working knowledge of:
- Structured/Derivatives/FI products - pricing, risk
- SQL Server, Oracle
- Python scripting
- Knowledge of Capital Markets environments
- Good knowledge on financial services with a focus on Front Office
- Good functional knowledge on financial products
- Good Databases skills - SQL queries writing and analysis
- Good scripting skills (eg. Perl, Shell, Python)
- Practical understanding of production processes, including change and release management
- Good incident and problem management skills, with knowledge of ITIL will be beneficial