- Not Specified
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Schroders Investment Management
- 17 nov. 17
Salaire : Not Specified
Lieu de travail : Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
Type de contrat : Plein-temps
Overview of role Provide full legal support to Schroders’ derivatives activities. • Supporting Schroders, in London and Luxembourg, Asia-Pacific and the Americas, in the increasing use of derivative instruments, advising on the legal implications and dealing with all legal documentation requirements; keeping track of
Overview of role
Provide full legal support to Schroders’ derivatives activities.
• Supporting Schroders, in London and Luxembourg, Asia-Pacific and the Americas, in the increasing use of derivative instruments, advising on the legal implications and dealing with all legal documentation requirements; keeping track of the work done.
• Drafting, reviewing, negotiating and completing Schroders’ OTC derivatives documentation (ISDA, CSA, Accession and Amendment Agreements).
• Drafting, reviewing, negotiating and completing other market counterparty documentation (GMRA, FX trading agreements, clearing agreements, prime brokerage agreements, business terms of market counterparties, confidentiality agreements).
• Analysing and advising on new derivatives products in which Schroders is considering to invest on behalf of its clients.
• Using efficiently outside counsel and other in-house legal resources. Obtaining focused advice where appropriate.
• Liaising clearly and openly with line manager and with all departments/areas using derivatives.
• University degree or equivalent; qualified lawyer.
• Strong team player
• Good communication skills
• Demonstrated experience as a qualified lawyer in private practice and/or in-house in a financial services firm (ideally investment management), in each case with an in-depth knowledge of derivatives work.
• Exposure to wide range of ISDA documentation, GMRA and FX trading agreements.
• Experience of both UK and Luxembourg fund range types: both UCITS and AIFs in each case.
• Good drafting and written communication skills.
• Able to develop and demonstrate strong working relationships with other members of the firm, including (but not limited to) fund managers, client directors, compliance, operations, credit / risk and product control; and with counterparty lawyers, credit, operational and front office staff.
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to understand and manage legal risk in a rigorous but practical way
• Strong negotiating skills
• Delivering results within expected timeframe
• Demonstrates a passion for excellence and exceeding client expectation
• Adaptability, flexibility
• Develops effective relationships with internal clients and gains their trust and respect
• ISDA and other master agreement knowledge as described above
• Strong derivatives experience gained ideally both in-house and in a law firm
• Good awareness of the current regulatory landscape as applicable to derivatives products: FCA, CSSF, ESMA publications, CESR, Dodd Frank, EMIR etc.
• Technical experience in contract law in a financial services environment
• Understanding of investment management products and issues
• MS Office Products: Excel, Word