Desktop Build Group, Quant Developer - London
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 21 avr. 18 2018-04-21
Desktop Build Group, Quant Developer - London
Quantitative investment funds have doubled over the last decade to a record $500 billion AUM and now represent around 17% of total hedge fund assets. Smart beta strategies have grown even further from less than $100 billion in 2007 to a record $617 billion now sitting in US Smart beta ETFs.
Bloomberg is uniquely positioned at the forefront of this financial revolution and we are looking for you to join us.
The Financial Applications Team (DBG) works closely with Bloomberg clients to implement quantitative investment strategies and research using our new Python Quant development platform. Powered by Jupyter, the quant platform combines world-class open source python libraries with the world's leading financial database, allowing our clients to generate unique research in quantitative finance and help them to capture alpha in a highly competitive landscape.
We are a global team with people based in London, New York, San Francisco, Sao Paulo, Hong Kong, Singapore, Tokyo and Sydney. DBG works very closely with our Account Management teams, Product Development and R&D teams.
Quant Developer at Bloomberg:
Interested to engage with top quantitative finance experts to turn their investment ideas into reality? Keen in getting exposure to the latest technology and coolest programming packages? Want to be part of shaping a product with great revenue potential?
You will use your equity market knowledge to consult with Bloomberg clients or prospective clients, helping them to develop and implement their quantitative investment strategies and research on our new python based quant platform. With access to the world's most comprehensive financial database, you will have the opportunity to apply advanced data science technologies to generate real world investment models. Your role will involve full life-cycle development, from initial pitches to prospective clients, requirement gathering, prototyping, implementation, deployment and adoption.
We'll trust you to:
- Position our quant platform to prospective clients, working with our account management team to provide thought leadership in the quantamental universe both internally and at external focus events
- You will work with clients to deep dive into their investment process, coding this into an implemented strategy in our quant platform on behalf of the client
- Liaise between the client, product development teams, R&D to push internally for enhancements or fixes to the APIs or the platform
- You will provide continued support for clients to ensure adoption
- You will providing assistance on new strategies or processes they wish to implement
- You will help develop documentation, training material, internal tools to better service quant clients
You will learn on the job:
- In depth knowledge of Bloomberg Terminal - the world's leading financial analytics platform for investment professionals
- You will be sent on training to improve your expertise in data science, quantitative investment strategies and capital markets
- A deep understanding of quantitative strategies and investment knowledge across equities, fixed income, FX and commodities
- You will learn Open Source python technologies for advanced data visualizations, widgets and analytics
You'll need to have:
- Expert coding skills in python
- Experience in equity quantitative (quantamental) investment strategies or Equity Risk Premia strategies
- Have a strategic mind set and demonstrable commercial acumen - be able to weigh up the business opportunities of a project before execution
- Highly articulate, consultative, and confident in interactions with clients
We'd love to see:
- Prior experience working on the sell side in other asset classes: Fixed Income, Commodities or FX
- Previous front office work experience in financial markets working on/with the buy-side
- Knowledge of other programming languages such as R, VBA or similar
- Experience with big data analysis or machine learning applications in finance
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps but in the meantime feel free to browse this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.