- Market rate
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- MW Recruitment
- 15 janv. 19
A new but growing quants house is seeking a Junior Dev/Ops Engineer who is keen to learn new cutting edge technologies whilst helping them grow to the next level.
This new but growing Quant house is looking for an exceptional junior dev/ops team member; looking to learn new skills. Work with the existing team while learning & growing on the job. Using state of the art technology. Additional development teams UK & Europe.
Very occasional shifts for outages/maintenance. Most weeks will be core office hours. Ability to work remotely 1 or 2 days a week. Some travel may be required.
Working within the existing team to build world-class development/operations, security administration, manage on-premise & remote servers & VMs.
Key Technical Skills
- Junior Developer
- Able to setup Databases E.g. SQL Server, MySQL
- Confident setting up PC from Bare-metal installs or virtual machines
- Comfortable with development tools
- Monday Set up new database VM to test new version server software with existing database setup. Produce a report showing tests run on existing database Vs new version
- Tuesday Create Windows and Linux VMs to test new software release, Wipe test environment and reuse for new web server testing network
- Wednesday Develop code for web scraper to retrieve data from the internet
- Thursday Check data quality and fixes issues from the overnight run of code developed Wednesday
- Friday document and develop test packs for code submit to Gitlab for afternoon review
- Ability to be creative & adopt new ways of problem-solving
- Virtualised Windows / Linux mixed deployment
- The key focus is large scale Automation, scale out, resilient systems, & continuous improvement & continuous delivery
- Opportunities to work on state of the art, cutting-edge technologies: File System ZFS, multi-petabyte, AI from Facebook, Google, Microsoft, etc. Database clusters from Webscale technology from Google and IBM
- Massive real-time event-driven automation workflows