DevOps Engineer - FX - Banking - Contract
- GBP600 - GBP700 per day
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- Intérim, Plein-temps
- 14 juin 18 2018-06-14
DevOps Engineer Financial Markets My Client is looking for driven IT DevOps Engineers to work on the FX trading platform. The main focus will be building the key platform for real-time low-latency FX trading by migrating from our current Reuters ET platform to the Broadway application. Building a safe solution is of utmost importance, so IT risk & security will get a lot of attention.
DevOps Engineer Financial Markets
My Client is looking for driven IT DevOps Engineers to work on the FX trading platform. The main focus will be building the key platform for real-time low-latency FX trading by migrating from our current Reuters ET platform to the Broadway application. Building a safe solution is of utmost importance, so IT risk & security will get a lot of attention.
London, United Kingdom
You work within a multidisciplinary scrum team. Your primary responsibility is guaranteeing the operational stability and availability of our applications at all times.
The range of tasks includes the following:
- Migrate product/process workflow from our current Reuters ET platform into Broadway.
- Take responsibility for the full the stack/platform on Development, Test, Acceptance and Production environments.
- Understanding and monitoring the entire stack's technology on which the application runs
- Taking ownership of IT reliability and security (operational control) and risk
- Performing Incident, Problem and Change Management (eg. level 2 & 3 support for the applications)
- You automate relentlessly: Testing (Functional, Performance, Security), Deploy, Monitoring responses etc.
- Configuring and implementing Monitoring Tooling: using the correct and agreed event alerts
- Implementing the security policy so that the system is secure at operating system, database and application server level
- Performing Life Cycle Management for the system (eg. security patching);
- Liaise with the vendor about environment updates and upgrades
- Propose opportunities and innovations
As part of a DevOps squad, using the Agile Scrum way of working, you will work closely with the Product Owner, business stakeholders and engineers from related teams. Together you will write stories to deliver the full range of activities your team executes.
Occasional travel abroad (Amsterdam & Bucharest) is required.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for passionate IT specialists who love to prevent and solve technical problems regarding stability, capacity, and performance of the system. Important characteristics:
- Deliver on promises while keeping good communication lines with clients and partners
- "Can do" mentality, flexibility and ability to take ownership
- A collaborative approach to solving problems while bringing positive energy to the team
- Ability to give and receive professional feedback
- Relentlessly learn and think in solutions
What you bring to the team:
- Education Bachelor and/or Master level in Computer Science or related.
- Hands-on experience with Financial Markets FX applications at a large financial institution
- Thorough understanding of, and experience with Windows/Linux, networking, scripting languages (e.g. bash, Python, Perl, PowerShell) and databases (SQL or No SQL or both)
- Experience with managing full-stack vendor packages, and additionally (low latency) infrastructural stack knowledge
- An excellent spoken and written command of English
- Frequently proposing new opportunities and innovations to the teams you worked in
Nice to have:
- Hands-on experience with the Reuters ET platform and/or the Broadway application.
- Experience with programming languages (C++, C# or Java or any such comparable languages)
- Hands-on knowledge of monitoring tools (such as Logstash, Kibana, El.Search, Nagios, ITCAM, Zabbix), scheduling tools (e.g. TWS), Tibco Rendezvous, experience with running applications in Docker containers
- Knowledge of Agile Methodologies