DevOps Principle Engineer
The Requirements Join us in London as a Principle Engineer, DevOps
What you'll do
- This is a fantastic opportunity for a technically minded individual to join our DevOps team working on MiMo, using cutting edge technology
- You'll be helping to shape our customer experience in the mobile arena, working with product owners and technology teams right across the bank
- Working in a dynamic environment, you'll be given a great platform to channel your creativity and deliver a positive digital experience for our customers
You'll be working on Mimo, a financial guardian application, to create and deliver digital experiences, propositions, insights, capabilities and releases, ensuring an effortless, end-to-end customer experience. Collaboration will be a key feature of this role, as you'll work closely with product owners and technology teams to prepare and plan activities, in order to release exciting new options and features for our customers, as well as managing their governance and organising pilot testing.
Day to day, you'll be:
The skills you'll need
- Using new technologies and following the path the bank has chosen with regards to cloud computing
- Working with our colleagues across the bank and other bank platforms to leverage best practice
- Using your subject matter expertise to accelerate learning journeys
- Working in compliance with the policies and standards of the Agility, DevOps and adjacent CoEs
- Working within feature teams, platforms, domains and CoE initiatives as active engineers, practitioners, mentors and coaches
- Contributing to building the DevOps engineering capability, culture and mind-sets within the organization
To succeed in this role, you'll need experience of enterprise continuous integration and continuous development, such as gitlab, terra form, AWS microservices, You'll need excellent communication and collaboration skills, as you'll work with the feature teams on the CI or CD pipeline and deployment of code into the different environments.
You'll have a successful track record of developing innovative and impactful customer experiences, as well as the ability to recommend solutions and a working knowledge of Agile methodologies, although this is not essential.
You'll also bring:
- Strong technical knowledge of Cloud and AWS infrastructure
- The ability to encourage DevOps engineering capability, culture and mind-sets within the organisation
- Knowledge of risk management, governance and reporting
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
Although it isn't essential, we would welcome applications from those who have experience of programming languages such as Python, SQL or Java How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer. Inclusion
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .