Development Manager, Market Data Systems
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- S&P Global
- 21 sept. 18 2018-09-21
Development Manager, Market Data Systems
The Role: Development Leader
The Team: Development Leader provides technical leadership in designing and implementing the appropriate technology solution for given business need. S/he will help Scrum Teams successfully manage projects by guiding the technical activities of Developers, Business Analysts, Database Administrators and Quality Assurance throughout the entire Agile life cycle. S/he is also responsible for the daily support of the applications, and all activities related to the operations and maintenance of the responsible applications.
The Impact: This is a key role in building teams to deliver product build solutions for S&P Global Platts.
What's in it for you:
- Provide the technology leadership and strategy for a cross-functional team (consisting of business, technology, and vendor representatives) that drives the design, development and implementation of a common digital platform.
- Work with on site and off shore development team members for development and production support.
- Make sure that the teams are following best practices in Agile, design and development.
- Propose and deliver an acceptable technical solution to a given business need based on available data and capabilities.
- Mentor a team of technical staff by providing clear directions and goals.
- Devise a strategy for the development of new systems including enhancements to existing systems in concert with or systems management. This encompasses assuring that system design, programming, testing and implementation activities are accomplished in a timely, cost efficient, and user approved manner.
- Provide strong hands-on, front-end leadership in both general and detailed product build. Strong process reengineering, influencing skills and ability to implement the business strategies.
Provide consulting to management on system opportunities, risk assessment, technology relevance and alternate implantation strategies to meet business objectives.
Collaborate with the client business group to direct and execute the business strategy when implementing technical solutions.
- Execute detailed implementation steps when creating business systems, developing business applications, including designing/coding/testing programs within an integrated systems environment.
- 5+ years of tech lead/Sr. Programmer Analyst experience.
- The ability to assimilate idiosyncrasies, nomenclature, characteristics and technical possibilities of assigned applications are critical. Programming capabilities should include .NET & J2EE, HTML, Java Script, XML, XSL, Oracle, Windows OS, IIS, Apache, Weblogic.
- Proven people management skills including successfully building high performing teams, strong expertise in coaching, motivating and development of direct reports.
- Demonstrated ability to work in high pressure production environments, manage projects within budget constraints manage to schedule and ability to working with senior management are required.
- Experience in Agile and Scaled Agile frameworks.
- Experience developing team support structures and setting strategy for technical staff.
- Previous experience within an assigned functional area of the company is strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal language communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or information management required. Master's degree in similar fields preferred.
- Experience with offshore development partners required.
- The incumbent must satisfy the business information needs of a specific application within the context of the overall business. Operating constraints, interdependencies of systems and performance requirements can add to the complexity of viable system solutions.
- Find disciplined agile development of products and innovative solutions to complete business and technical problems. Help develop new product and business ideas and help implement decision support systems.