- CDI, Plein-temps
- Schroders Investment Management
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- Base + Benefits + Bonus
Digital Delivery Lead
Digital Delivery Manager required with a technical background to lead an Agile team who are responsible for building solutions using the latest digital technologies. You will ideally have recent experience managing digital delivery and experience leading software teams in an Agile environment.
The Schroders Global Technology function is organised into a number of teams, distributed across Schroders' global offices, with technology hubs in London, Luxembourg, Singapore and New York. The software engineering and technology change function is split between 6 domains: Investment, Distribution, Product, Corporate, Wealth and Digital.
Schroders is entering a period where the rapid evolution of digital capabilities and technologies will be vital to meet its future aims. Headed by Schroders' Chief Digital Officer, Digital is looking for highly capable and motivated individuals to lead, implement and facilitate change in a high-pace, high energy environment.
Digital is a group of closely collaborating teams delivering web, automation, analytics, data science, client service portals, workplace productivity, innovation and experience design, working across the organisation to transform Schroders.
The Digital Platform Capability Lead is a development manager who leads the Digital Platform Capability aligned agile team to build solutions using the latest digital technologies. The role requires a highly capable technology professional and effective communicator who can bring extensive expertise in delivering leading-edge digital experiences. This role should exhibit the principles and practices of Lean-Agile leadership and play a key role in providing technology leadership, defining the Digital Platform strategy and have accountability for effective value delivery for the Digital Platform Capability.
• Line management of the GT team members within Digital Platform team
• Accountable for financial and operational performance of the Digital Platform team
• Take a Digital Platform centric view on the technology strategy. Ensure alignment with the EA technology vision during prioritisation and throughout delivery. Provide the technical leadership to the team and Digital Platform centric input into key decisions for innovation and strategy
• Support the Capability Owners to balance and refine the backlog to ensure that delivery of technical and architectural enablers are appropriately prioritised. Coach Capability Owners to improve the technical understanding of
• Support Epic Owners in understanding the technical impact of Epics and the amount of work required by the Digital Platform team to execute the Epic
• Work closely with Epic Owners and Digital Platform Product Owner to ensure appropriate technical sequencing of change and influence Capability Owner to manage technical dependencies with other GT teams and shared services.
Recent knowledge and examples of managing Digital delivery in the following areas is critical
• .NET stack / .NET MVC. / SQL Server applications
• Microservices apps and architecture, API frameworks
• Service Fabric & Messaging
• SPAs (REACT and/or AngularJS)
• no-SQL DB engines
• Experience of managing people within large software development teams
• Knowledge and experience of using Agile methodologies (SAFe ideally)
• Knowledge and experience of developing technology solutions, both in house developed bespoke applications and commercially available off the shelf solutions
• Strong communication skills, experience managing relationships with board level stakeholders
• Excellent understanding of the business context of Digital Platforms
• Ability to communicate how the work (features and stories) delivered by the Digital Platform Capability team contributes to Epics and, ultimately, the strategy of the firm
• Ability to produce and communicate effective and insightful thought leadership on technical and business topics
• Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
Credentials and Attributes
• 2+ years experience in managing Digital technical delivery
• 5+ years prior experience as a lead developer
• Highly effective, pro-active, stakeholder, customer and vendor collaboration skills.
• Capable of remaining positive when under pressure.
• Inspiring, collaborative and agile approach.
• Innovative and continuous improvement mind-set, challenges the status quo and seeks self improvement.
• Agile certification. Certified Safe Agilist (SA) preferred.
• Degree or equivalent.
• Collaborative team player who enjoys working with people from a variety of backgrounds.
• Problem solver, comfortable taking the initiative in challenging and ambiguous circumstances.