Digital Marketing Specialist
Who we're looking for
We are looking for a Digital Marketing Specialist who will work within the Global Strategic Initiatives (GSI) team in London. You will act as a CMS and front-end code expert within the team. Reporting to the Digital Marketing Manager responsible for the Product Ownership of Schroders' websites, you will act as support for the roll-out of new CMS features to the business and creation of new user stories for development. In parallel you will work closely with the team's CMS users and third party agencies to implement code based campaigns while also advising on best practice.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 6,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper. The team
We build and maintain the Schroders brand and improve the impact of our distribution and service model, delivering an effective client-focused marketing strategy. This is achieved through driving brand preference, answering clients' needs via compelling content and tools, providing a seamless journey across all channels and applying an ongoing assessment to all activities which results in an insight-led approach. Activities include digital marketing, events planning and management, content production, RFPs & presentations, PR and advertising.
The client channels marketed include Retail, Intermediary, Institutional, Insurance Asset Management and Financial Institutions Groups. For specific marketing initiatives the target audience will be consumers.
Our global marketing function is organised around 4 key areas: content generation, marketing production, distribution marketing and digital research and analytics. Each area is made up a number of teams, centrally, regionally and locally.
The Global Strategic Initiatives team sits within Distribution marketing and is responsible for the delivery of major projects which have an impact on the successful implementation of our distribution strategy. All marketing activities performed by the team need to be highly relevant and meet clients' needs. What you'll do
You'll work on global digital initiatives
• Using front-end code expertise, lead on best practice digital execution of campaigns through working with the team, agencies, internal UX and Global and local marketers
• Ensure all campaigns adhere to brand, legal and compliance guidelines
• Devise strategies for efficient localisation and governance of Global campaigns and content
You'll support website development
• Support on the Product Ownership of the website by assisting on the writing of user stories and assessing impact of new features and initiatives
• In depth testing of website prior to a production code release
You'll be involved with data and analytics
• Work closely with the Analytics function to leverage data and analytics captured through owned channels to propose future CMS feature development
You'll work on Digital communication and governance
• Working closely with your colleagues in the Global Strategic Initiatives (GSI) Digital team to ensure local teams are following best practice within the CMS (SEO, workflow, compliance, CMS organisation etc)
• Support your line manager as Product owner of Schroders' websites, document, communicate and gather feedback on new website features
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Web Content management system expertise (ideally Episerver)
• A good understanding of SEO and Accessibility
• Attention to detail ensuring accuracy of testing and build.
• A passion for a 'client-centric' approach to all web site projects
• Experience of website product ownership
• Interpersonal skills and attention to detail
• To deal with senior stakeholders clearly and concisely, both written and face to face
• A creative thinker who can work on their own initiative
• Excellent organisation skills and ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Experience in Financial services industry with an understanding of the associated regulation/compliance requirements
• An good understanding of Agile principles
• Design software such as Photoshop
• Experience using analytics software such as Google analytics
• Understanding of Pardot and it's associated capabilities
• Experience running training sessions What you'll be like
• Self-motivated and enthusiastic
• Flexible, highly curious and willing to learn
• You'll ensure appropriate 'through-the-line' disciplines are followed and that Schroders' brand guidelines are strictly adhered to
• A critical thinker who's able to look at things from different angles
• Great at unpicking a problem, from start to end, own and deliver the solution
• Able to work under pressure, on several priorities at once, and with tight deadlines
• Great at working with other people, sharing and communicating decisions
• Keen to improve what we do for our clients and how we do it We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.