Digital Programme Manager/Group Lead
The Schroders Global Technology function is organised into a number of teams distributed across Schroders' global offices with technology hubs in London, Luxembourg, Singapore and New York. The Asset Management Technology function is split into multiple domains with one area covering Digital Services.
Schroders is in a period where the rapid evolution of digital capabilities an d technologies will be vital to meet its future aims to transform Schroders. The Digital Services function is looking for highly capable and motivated individuals with a focus on digital delivery to lead, implement and facilitate change in a high-pace, high energy environment.
Digital Services helps shape our Digital strategy and delivers client facing Digital solutions that can be leveraged across Asset Management Technology and to multiple business domains.
The Digital Services Group Capability Lead is a development manager who will manage multiple teams partnering with the digital strategy group and own the delivery of Digital solutions including client portals, funds online and digital pre-sales activity. This role should exhibit the principles and practices of Lean-Agile leadership and play a key role in providing technology leadership and help shape our client engagement strategy plus show ownership of the various plans, teams and demonstrate effective value delivery.
• Oversee the work of the GT team members within the Digital Services teams
• Accountable for financial and operational performance of the Digital Services teams
• Take a Digital Services centric view on the technology strategy, ensuring alignment with the Enterprise Architecture technology vision during prioritisation and throughout delivery. Provide the technical leadership to the team and Digital Services centric input into key decisions for innovation and strategy
• Work closely with the Epic and Capability Owners of the Digital Services function to collaboratively compile and manage a long term roadmap
• Ensure appropriate technical sequencing of change and influence Capability Owner to manage technical dependencies with other GT teams and shared services
General and Technical skills
• Experience and knowledge of Digital Services platforms, preferably with exposure to some of the following: authentication, preference management, client portal technology, document management, Salesforce, Tealium, EpiServer and Events Platforms
• Experience of managing people within large software development teams
• Knowledge and experience of using Agile methodologies, preferably SAFe
• Knowledge and experience of developing technology solutions, both in house developed bespoke applications and commercially available off the shelf solutions
• Strong communication skills, experience managing relationships with board level stakeholders
• Ability to communicate how the work (features and stories) delivered by the Digital Services team contributes to Epics and, ultimately, the strategy of the firm
• Ability to produce and communicate effective and insightful thought leadership on technical and business topics
• Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
• Capable of remaining positive when under pressure
• Inspiring and collaborative leader, model of agile leadership approach
• Friendly, approachable, enjoys working with people from a variety of backgrounds
• Ability to manage a large team with minimal supervision in a very dynamic and time critical business environment
• Continuous improvement mind-set, challenges the status quo and seeks self improvement
• Earn respect from their team and be willing to get their hands dirty to get the job done
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.
Note to Agencies:
Schroders does not accept speculative CV's from agencies. We do have a PSL who are invited to support us when required. We only pay fees to agencies instructed to send CV's and are submitted through our recruitment portal. We do not pay fees on speculative or unsolicited CV's sent to Schroders or Schroders employees and reserve the right to contact unsolicited CV's directly.