Director - Credit Risk Oversight - Team Head
- £110,000 - £135,000 + Benefits and Bonus
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Maxfield Search
- 13 juil. 18 2018-07-13
Our Client is a major Global Banking Group. The Credit Risk Department is an EMEA wide team responsible for the evaluation and continual oversight of counterparty and issuer credit risk. The team performs Credit Review, Credit Portfolio Monitoring and Analysis, Credit Policy and Planning.
You will work with EMEA business providing Credit Risk input in the structuring and execution of transactions such as principal investments, underwriting, leverage financing, project and structured finance transactions.
Work closely with senior stakeholder you will manage and lead a team which analyses complex transactions providing opinions and recommendations regarding proposed credit and potential risks to both the credit and collateral securing the transactions.
- You will implement the bank’s strategy and appetite for credit risk, continually enhancing the credit risk management framework by providing recommendations for policy and procedural changes to strengthen the credit process.
- Prepare executive summaries, periodic reports, and presentations summarising findings and recommendations to executive management;
- You will be responsible for identify existing & emerging risks and credit issues relating to credit quality and management of credit risk. This would include gaps in risk rating accuracy, underwriting, credit approval, monitoring, relationship management and credit administration activities.
- You will provide continual oversight and review to the loan underwriting practices including Credit Rating, Transaction Rating and Regulatory Rating assignment and adherence to relevant policies, whilst also looking at credit issues at a granular level such as identify loans or other exposures with potential credit weakness and any relevant trends
- Approve or recommend for approval new credit extensions, and amendments, renewals and/or re-financings.
- Develop and implement a program for analysing economic and industry data to identify potential impact on the institution’s credit portfolio;
Skills and Experience:
- Experienced credit risk management professional already working in major commercial or investment bank particularly.
- Demonstrable expertise in the area of structured and leveraged / High Yield financing.
- Substantial knowledge of Counterparty Credit Risk in a Commercial Banking, Corporate Banking or Wholesale Banking environment.
- Proven experience in the analysis of traditional lending, structured transactions and traded product portfolios, including OTC derivatives & securities financing transactions.
- Distinctive product knowledge across lending and trading, including understanding of risks for OTC as well as Stock Lending & Borrowing/Repo transactions
- Ability to evaluate and monitor the asset quality of the overall credit portfolio / individual counterparty / borrowers in accordance with the company’s risk framework
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines.
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well under pressure.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy