Director - Financial Research & Product Development
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
The Director Financial Research & Product Development researches designs and develops new product opportunities related to the over-the-counter (OTC) and exchange traded interest rate and foreign exchange markets. In this role, the individual will also identify viable product extensions to expand the product offering and meet client needs.
• Develop and launch new products into viable, working markets by actively engaging externally with market participants, regulatory authorities, and/or third party data providers. Lead the coordination of launch efforts internally with Products & Services, Market Regulation, Marketing, Operations, Clearing, Legal, and Corporate Communications.
• Leverage his/her network to solicit feedback from industry participants, regulators, data providers, etc. through trade calls, surveys, industry events, trade shows and conferences. Report back intelligence gathered to relevant stakeholders through CME Group's customer relationship management tool.
• Perform routine and ad-hoc analysis, as needed, to ensure existing products and services continue to meet regulatory requirements. Understand the changing global regulatory environment to consider potential impact to the interest rate and foreign exchange product lines.
• Provide marketing support by supplying data, analysis, and authoring product related materials. Prepare and deliver product presentations.
• Research and design new OTC and exchange traded interest rate and foreign exchange products. Offer proposed solutions to others on the R&PD team on product design based on his/her experience.
• Work with the R&PD team to maintain viability of existing products by evaluating the impact of market trends, engaging with clients to gain insight and feedback, and complete maintenance activities on existing products. Identify and design viable product extensions. Propose necessary product and rule modifications where required and gain internal approvals.
Experience and Education
Education: Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree; Masters and/or Doctorate Degree preferred.
Experience: Demonstrable work experience with deep product expertise in government bond and/or foreign exchange markets.
Certifications: CFA a plus
Software Requirements: Microsoft Office Suite, Infosource, Salesforce a plus.