Director - Relationship Management - EMEA
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description
Using discretion and judgment, the Director supports and works directly with the Relationship Management team to service, grow and retain client relationships. The primary focus will be working on developing and maintaining systematic touch points and processes for impactful out-reach to all clients. Play a key role in retaining clients aligned with the strategic initiatives of the firm. Retains existing relationships while striving to diversify and grow relationships. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES :
JOB REQUIREMENTS :
- Acts as a primary or secondary contact for clients regarding all aspects of the relationship with MFS. Maintains and expands knowledge of client's needs, concerns and overall satisfaction with MFS through written, verbal, and in person meetings. Provides similar services to relevant field consultants.
- Act as an advocate for MFS with each client and help lead and support efforts to retain, grow, and diversify relationships. Possesses and maintains strong technical understanding of MFS' strategies. The current competitive landscape to better position, retain and cross sell MFS' strategies.
- Supports Relationship Mangers where necessary including but not limited to scheduling, hosting, and all aspects of preparation for client meetings, creating custom client presentations where needed, transitions, and all client related issues.
- Works closely with the investment team to help effectively communicate the MFS story, investment strategies, and investment views of the firm.
- Interacts as a complete team player with other MFS departments including investment, legal, accounting, compliance, transition management, etc. to ensure that client needs are being met at all levels.
- Maintain a high level of product expertise for both MFS and non-MFS products. Stay current on industry news, including industry publications, conferences, and seminars.
- Coordinates formal client satisfaction measurement and tracking of MFS' areas for improvement. Actively gathers and shares client feedback, both formal and informal, to enrich the client experience with MFS.
- Keeps appropriate parties (Sales, Marketing, Portfolio Management, MFS Management) abreast of client needs and developments to ensure that goals are met and client satisfaction remains very high.
- Organized and detail orientated, ability to multi-task and assume additional responsibilities as requested. Responsible for maintaining accurate and up to date records of activities and contacts on the MFS client management systems and technology.
- Understanding of legal and regulatory issues and how to manage/articulate these to clients
- Contributes to the management of the business by participating in projects, committees, and informal groups. Assumes additional responsibilities as requested .
- Bachelor's degree required. CFA / post graduate preferred.
- Significant experience of institutional client relationship management within a direct client-facing capacity, sole responsibility for i nstitutional c lient account management for both fund and segregated accounts across a range of asset classes.
- Knowledge of Middle East and UK & Irish markets.
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively is required .
- A passion for the investment management business .
- Excellent verbal presentation skills and written communication skills required.
- Creative thinker who has the ability to operate autonomously while working in broad team dynamics.
- Demonstrably a team player with a track record consistent with collaborative behavior.
- Evidence of a track record in maintaining and developing client relationships.
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."