Director Market Tech Sales
- Competitive plus benefits and bonus
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Chicago Mercantile Exchange
- 05 sept. 17
responsible for new revenue generation in CME’s suite of Market Technology services, including market data, co-location and connectivity services, and trading applications (CME Direct, Pivot, Elysian) across key and strategic customers in the EMEA region.
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it – all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day – whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 2,500 employees located around the world, we’re small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we’re looking for more.
Reporting to the EMEA Director of Market Technology Sales, this position will be responsible for new revenue generation in CME’s suite of Market Technology services, including market data, co-location and connectivity services, and trading applications (CME Direct, Pivot, Elysian) across key and strategic customers in the EMEA region. Additionally, the role will seek to develop new and potentially disruptive commercialisation opportunities with 3rd party data owners and technology providers through partnership and revenue share deals.
The role will be provided revenue targets to accomplish by selling to an assigned customer segment(s) and/or a region(s). The Director of Sales will be required to engage customers and solicit in-depth feedback on market trends and how we can revise, create, or package our technology offerings to fit their needs. The Director should have a specific understanding of how customers interact with CME markets so we can evaluate, improve or create distribution channels and/or tools. The role will need to independently engage customers and build relationships to achieve goals. The Director of Sales will be required to travel throughout EMEA with some global travel if needed. The role will be required to use Salesforce to track and measure sales activity.
The Director will primarily be working towards generating new revenue streams building upon the products offered through CME’s market technology and data related services. By definition this role will require a high degree of autonomy and the ability to exceed in the absence of well defined guidelines. The role will involve significant customer interaction to capture evolving customer needs and requirements at a macro level, and will also entail mapping such requirements back to potential technology and data solutions made available through tailroed partnership deals negotiated with 3rd party vendors. The Director will ultimately build business cases around such opportunities to evaluate their relative impact in terms of revenue, strategy and distribution, and will work closely with relevant stakeholders in CME to validate new solutions and to build a clear path to short-term revenue generation.
The Director will also be assigned key and strategic customers to sell existing CME market technology products that range from CME proprietary front end systems, market data, connectivity and co-location services. They will field customer questions ranging from technical, policy, pricing, and product structure aspects of these offerings where they will need to frame, defend, research, or continue exploring opportunities with the customer to gain a sale. The role will need to define product needs that will vary across regions (e.g. NOAM, EMEA, APAC, LATAM) and customer segments (e.g. props, banks, etc) to ensure we are targeting the right customers with the right products at the right price.
- Create and successfully execute a sales plan to generate a pipeline of commercialisation opportunities with 3rd party data, content and technology service providers, resulting in significant revenue, strategic, or distribution upside for CME Group.
- Generate revenue opportunities across CME’s existing suite of market technology services including infrastructure (co-location & connectivity), data (historical and derived) and application services (CME Direct, Pivot, Elysian)
- Be a subject matter expert in both CME’s existing technology portfolio and its potential technology offerings of the future, including how they support CME’s core business. This expertise should be reinforced through regular market research, customer outreach and trend analysis, and leveraged in order to identify and validate new revenue opportunities and in the creation of impactful sales collateral.
- Develop and grow a broad network of senior stakeholder relationships across CME’s existing and potential client base, together with potential technology and data partners, within the EMEA region. This network should facilitate proactive lead generation, ad-hoc marketing efforts and sales campaigns, and customer research.
- Effective pipeline management, knowledge sharing and periodic reporting through the use of the SalesForce CRM tool.
- Influence the set of technologies CME offers its key and strategic account customers to access our markets either directly or indirectly through the vendor community.
Be the customer voice when working with our product teams to create solutions which should be focused on solving problems in order execution, managing data, infrastructure, cloud and / or connectivity needs.
Be responsible for identifying market technology opportunities that will often not have a roadmap as to how the opportunity would be productized and ultimately put within contract terms. It will be the role of the Director to assess the opportunity and associate it to a customer segment that we would target for sales
- Demonstrable industry experience preferable in a direct sales or business development role.
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Economics, Communications or equivalent.
- Salesforce and proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
See Job Description